Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:55 AM
My Son was on time, went into Hospital at about 4.30 am - had him at 1.30 pm
My Daughter was late, but waters broke midnight, OH was away so had to ring Sister, BiL & Neice - Neice took Son(then 5yrs) back with her, Sister & BiL drove me to Hospital.....................BiL stopped for petrol half way( Family joke!!!) got to Hospital at 1am - Sister came in Delivery Room, Daughter born 0435

So labour - Son 9hrs - Daughter 4hrs - Had Pethidin with Son, refused to have anything with Daughter
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
thanx for sharing everyone, its nice to read everyones labour stories and see how different or similar they are

forgot to mention i was induced at 38 weeks with both abbie and devan due to them both being big
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 10:10 AM
My first: I was induced at 38 weeks as I had pre eclampsia..From first pain to all over was 4 hours 46 minutes... It was fab hardly any pain
Had Ciaran Tyler he was 6lb 15oz

My second: I was due to go into hospital on my due date so they could check my blood pressure etc (due to having PE first time around) by the time we got to the hospital car park I was having contraction every 5 minutes.. (they didn't beleive me, so put me in a day ward) they decided to examine me and I was 8 cm dilated.. so thus ensued a rush to the labour suite with no time for pain relief...again it was a thankfully short labour... 3 hours 59 minutes and Caitlin Jayne was born weighing 7lb 4 1/2oz

Hubby was with me for both labours but refused to cut the cord both times
I cut Caitlins cord
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 11:06 AM
wow this is a good one well gareth was due christmas day but decided to come new years eve my waters broke at 11.15pm while watching blank cheque i finally decided to go to the hospital at 1.15am they decided i didnt need any pain relieve cos i had done so well without it at 7.17 gareth appeared weighing in at 7lb 7oz my brother and sister were at the birth and my brother cut the cord
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
My first baby was Daniel (who is 15 now) and he was due Jan 16th but was still there on Jan 29th so I was induced due to pain which turned out to be a large ovarian cyst. I was induced on a Tuesday but nothing happened then i think they gave me another one of those things which looked like a victory v according to my then hubby and again nothing happened and then next morning on the Wednesday they tried again and it worked this time. I went into labour and had my first pain at 11.10 and then by 12 o'clock the pain was terrible and they had just brought my dinner and I remember feeling very sick and ill. They told me to get in the bath as it might help but my oh ran this large bath and I didn't know whether I wanted to get in it or not because the pain was soo bad. They got me a tens machine but it didn't appear to be working at all and then they discovered their was no batteries in it They took it away and came back about 45 mins later and this time it worked a little and seemed to take the edge off the pain. I was taken down to the labour ward at 3 o'clock and given pethidine and then I was quite sleepy although I could still feel the pains. Daniel was then born at 7.44pm and weighed 9lb 4oz and I had to have a lot of stitches

Laura was due on February 19th and I thought she would be late so wasnt too concerned and went shopping with my mum on Feb 20th. We got home about 3 o'clock and then I remember talking in the kitchen to my sister and I got my first pain at 3.50pm. I was laughing about it and I wasn't sure if I was in labour or not and my sister who hadn't had any kids was joking that labour wasn't so bad if you could laugh. It then got more painful about 6 oclock and silly me decided to put a colour on my hair I had to do it between contractions My hubby came home and then decided he wanted a shower and some tea and then we set off to the hospital about 8 o'clock and it was rather painful then but I thought I would get pain relief when I got there. They told me to change into my nighty and then came back but said the baby was on its way so no pain relief except gas and air She was born at 8.42pm about 25 mins after getting to the hospital and weighed 7lb 11oz.

Rhianna was induced because she was due on Feb 8th but was still there on Feb 20th so they induced me. I was induced twice with her and luckily the second one worked although the midwife did a bit of poking around to get things going as she put it and that was quite painful but it worked and I went into labour at 1.30am and she arrived at 3.05 am weighing 8lbs 15oz on the antenatal ward because the labour ward was full up
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
My first baby was Daniel (who is 15 now) and he was due Jan 16th
Laura was due on February 19th
Rhianna was induced because she was due on Feb 8th but was still there on Feb 20th so they induced me.

Blimey foxy what do you get upto in april?
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
jen that sounds lovely,, i love how close you and your brother are hun, its lovely when siblings have a strong bond.

providing everything goes well my sister will be there with me and OH when baby jayden arrives, she is so excited bless her, i think shes in for a shock lol

lol at foxy, my dad made my mum wait until after star trek when she was in labour with me men eh

lol louise why do hospitals have a nasty habbit of not listening to us women who know whats happening as its our flaming body but they still think they know best
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
Blimey foxy what do you get upto in april?
PMSL

didnt even realise,, foxy you norty girl lol

abbie was concieved in august,, devan was a christmas cheer baby and jayden well you will all laugh so i will keep it to myself
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
go on n/m tell us about jayden!!!!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:34 PM
oh ok

well my oh was due to go into hospital on the 5th of july to be circumsised and the day before there was quite a bit of banter between me and him ie "they are going to slip and cut it off"

so the night of july 4th he said to me "so shall we chisten independance day just in case something goes wrong?"

you can guess the rest, he wasnt able to do it for 6 weeks after that by which time i had found out i was pragnant
so david always says that jayden was his independance day gift to me incase the docs made a mistake
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >