Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 08:38 AM

**how long was your labour/s**

hi all,,

well im quite enjoying reading all about your cravings, some really strange ones lol

so while we are on the pregnancy theme i wondered how long each of your labours where??
and if any of you went early and if there was a reason for it??

also as ive always been induced so dont know what the natural onset of labour feels like

what where the first signs you where in labour??

luv from me and the 5 and a half lb bean x x x x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I was induced twice with 2 sons and went into labour naturally with my daughter. When I was induced my waters were broken then the contractions started and it was exactly the same going when I went myself. I was past my date with all of them.

With each of them I had to have the drip to make the contractions stronger as I carry a baby with their spine against mine so their heads dont fully engage until in full labour as they have to turn around. 3 labours again the exact same. Labours lasted 12 hours, 10 hours and lastly 8 hours. As labour got shorter baby got bigger 8lb, 9lb 12oz and 11lb 2oz (and biggest baby was a normal delivery and not a stitch)
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 08:59 AM
with jonathan start to finish 12 hours born 3 weeks late 8lbs 4
with karina start to finish 6 hours born 8 days early 8lbs 3
with jade start to finish 3 hours born on time 7lb 5

edited to say early stages for me where back pain, strong contrations and waters breaking
all normal births no pain releaf and no stitches
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:05 AM
hi carole,, thanx for sharing

ive been induced with the first 2 and due to be induced again with this one but really hoping i will go into labour myself

with abbie it was all new,, very frightening and she was 9 and a half hours, after 2 hours of pushing the doctor came in to help with a vontouse cap,, they gave me the anesthetic injection down below ready to cut me,, well i seen that shiny scalpol and pushed for britain,, out she came phew thank god for that lol, 8lb 9oz, no stitches but because i had pushed for so long, i had a massive post partum heamorrage(sp) and lost 4 pints of blood, not fun needed a massive transfusion ans was weak for about 3 weeks after having her

then with devan,, induced again, and had pethidin so was completely out of it,, pushed without midwife knowing it and told her baby was coming to which she replied "oh no he isnt you have a while yet missy" cheek of it, no more than 2 mins later i lifted my leg and there he was,, i wish id had a camera to capture the look of horror on her face, she had no birthing kit ready no gloves on and no help, silly woman.
out came devan after briefly getting his shoulders stuck he weighed 9lb 10oz youch but still no stitches and labour was 5hrs long

so hoping this one will go well and maybe be about 3-4 hours with no hitches
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Kerrie
with jonathan start to finish 12 hours born 3 weeks late 8lbs 4
with karina start to finish 6 hours born 8 days early 8lbs 3
with jade start to finish 3 hours born on time 7lb 5

edited to say early stages for me where back pain, strong contrations and waters breaking
all normal births no pain releaf and no stitches
no pain relief!! wow you go girl,, im a wimp and with first had an epidural and second had gas n air and pethidine
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
With my first I was induced at 38 weeks, due to BP. They used an oxytoxin drip after many attempts with pessaries failed. I had a labour of 3 hours and he weighed 5lb 12oz.

With my second I was induced at 42 weeks and the labour lasted 45 minutes, and he wighed 7lb 4oz.

My third I was given pessaries again only I didnt dilate past 2cm and had no pain, so they decided to break my waters, but as they took me up to the labour ward I decided I didnt actually want to have another baby at this time (scared of labour LOL) so because I was panicking and my BP was rocketing they decided to give me an epidural. Which is what Id wanted from the start, but had been told that because my labours were short it wouldnt have time to take effect. The usual procedure was to break the waters then when labour was established give the epidural, but in my case they gave the epidural, then broke my waters, and then sheer bliss as I felt nothing and gave birth half an hour later.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Only the one for me - Charlotte - 8lb 3oz - 57cms long - 9 hours labour - started with slow contractions - Pain relief was gas and air, but I kinda blacked out for the last 1/2 hour and the actual birth so can't remember much really
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Well im put off from having kids now thanx guys! My partners 6year old asked me the other day if i wanted kids, when i said not for awhile yet she replied 'I want kids but it hurts when they come out doesnt it? so im not sure, its hard being a woman isnt it!' I was in stitches bless her she sounded so serious when she said it!
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:33 AM
With Tao I was 3 weeks overdue He was due on the 22nd June but was born on the 14 July

They tried gel and pesseries over 3 days and finally broke my waters. Then still nothing happened so I was put on a drip. I was in labour for 8 hrs when I started to push, but I had only dilated 2 cms. At this point I was given an emergency ceasarian...thank god

With Molly I had a planned ceasarian. It was lovely. I was given an epidural and then they did their thing and she was born 20 mins later much better
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:36 AM
26 hours with Abi our 1st just had gas & air, 40 minutes with Kirstie - no pain killer, didn't have time, our 2nd, emergency c-section with Paige our 3rd and planned c-section with Kieran
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »