Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:27 AM

7/5/11 My sister's wedding.

I had a little much needed giggle, when looking through my camera. I thought I would share with you, the unofficial pictures of my sister's wedding. I did leave out where my little sister and her OH and my OH were putting their face in jelly and using our scarf wrap thingys for capes and bodices -

My Nannan and Maya before she got dressed:

My Nan, Maya and Gemma (bro's gf)

My brother and Maya

L-R, Me, Bev & Maya and Nicole (my little sister)

Maya and Nanny Smith (Husband to be - Stew's mum)

Maya with Granddad Smith

Bev (bride)

Maya with the Smith grandparent's

Gemma again

Maya and my Mum

Maya, my mum and dad

Bride and Groom (Bev and Stew)

Maya and my Aunt Christine (she took the place of my Aunt Carole - who's sick)

What I was doing here - I have no idea

My OH

These are where we got silly and just took random pictures - my sister also armed with a camera..

I hope they give you a giggle it was nice to remember the good times of that wedding. My Dad bet that if anyone ruined the wedding it would be me or my brother (great vote of confidence) but it ended up being the Bride herself who ruined her own wedding..
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Aww Bless You all looked stunning! I loved your outfit

Maya's such a gorgeous little girl Bless her......

Thanks for sharing x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks like a lovely day! Nice bridesmaid dresses and flowers too!

What did the bride do? or you not allowed to spill?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless You all looked stunning! I loved your outfit

Maya's such a gorgeous little girl Bless her......

Thanks for sharing x
Thanks - the underskirt was a little too short for my liking - we had to be very careful when sitting and standing up - not that mine or my sister's OH minded at all Maya is adorable.

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Looks like a lovely day! Nice bridesmaid dresses and flowers too!

What did the bride do? or you not allowed to spill?
Our dresses were £15 from Primark - it was a budget wedding.

The bride favours her husbands parents more than her own, in fact Maya sees the Smith grandparents every Sunday all day without fail, she sees the Deveaux Grandparents whenever my sister feels like it. The bride promised our parent's (Deveaux) that they could have Maya on the night of the wedding when she first announced she was getting married last year. A couple of weeks before the wedding she announced that the Smith grandparents were having her that night - despite the fact that my parents were staying the night in her flat - where Maya knows well and everything like her cot etc is there - familiar place. Maya also spent Christmas and New years at the Smiths house - seeing my parents for a couple of hours the next day...

With all this already done - my sister stood up in front of both our family and her new husbands and announced that she'd like to call her groom's parent's "Mum" and "Dad". Her groom didn't stand up and return the gesture. She was crying after she said this - so my Mum got up to give her a hug and she pushed her away. Leaving my Mum and Dad utterly insulted to the point that if they say anything they are in danger of not seeing their first ever Grandchild again - because this is what my sister is like. However, no one said that I couldn't say anything so I am not talking to her and if and when she asks why - she will be told bluntly and harshly what I think.

After her speech she gave out thank you presents - in which her groom's parents got some expensive wine and she gave our parents a cheap quid shop toy and a box of chocolates as well as a photo frame for a picture from the wedding. I know it's the thought that counts - but the fact that my parent's presents were presented to them in a poundland plastic carrier bag and the Smith's got theirs in lovely wine bags just added to the insult.

On top of all this, she ordered people about, ignored her own family - except for when she ordered them about and didn't show one bit of gratitude apart from the presents. She didn't ask my OH to ferry people around - she expected him too, I had to ask for her. She didn't ask us to be bridesmaids - she expected it and tbh I'd have rather not have been with the way she acted.

She even took over control the week previous when I threw Adie a good luck/ going away BBQ and got stressed out when it wasn't her job to - she only had to sit there with her husband to be and her child and eat food and have a good time - instead she took control and ordered people to do what they were already doing!

So there you go - you may have the details.