View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Hope it all went well Jenny. I've been fighting to get my mum to go for a referral for a year. She decided herself to go to her GP a couple of months ago and has been referred to a lovely surgeon. She needs both hips replacing and should be going in for the first one in a few weeks. She's in so much pain at the moment though, I'm sure it will be the best thing for her and a whole new lease of life. Hope the same goes for you hun. xxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I have seen your picture and I would say you are in your prime

I know this will be massive for you but it will be worth it x
Lol, thanks....... that earned you some reppies

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Hope it all went well Jenny. I've been fighting to get my mum to go for a referral for a year. She decided herself to go to her GP a couple of months ago and has been referred to a lovely surgeon. She needs both hips replacing and should be going in for the first one in a few weeks. She's in so much pain at the moment though, I'm sure it will be the best thing for her and a whole new lease of life. Hope the same goes for you hun. xxxxx
I'm sure it will be for the best. I refused about 6 months ago, I am such a coward but it has got to be done.
I'm actually very lucky because our local private hospital does so many NHS hips a year. I was given the option of going there (?because I am exNHS) so I jumped at it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Awwww just caught this.
I am sure you will sail through the op and have a new lease of life after it.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Poor Granny Nippy. Sorry I missed this.

Thinking of you, always xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
My mum was the same Jenny and made all kinds of excuses but basically she's hardly mobile at all now and can barely get around the house unaided so had to bite the bullet and go ahead. She's quite pleased though because apparently she has a rather dishy Irish surgeon! I'm sure all will be well for both of you xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
I am sure everything will go fine for you, and hope you don't have to wait too long for the op.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Awwww dont worry nippy, my dad has had both his hips done now, the recovery time wasnt that long, especially the 2nd one, he was up and about in no time!

My aunt has also had both done and my godfather has just been told he needs one.

Happy to ask my dad anything if you have any worries or questions

You will be fine xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone for all your positive comments. Almost looking forward to it now
Mmmmmmm do they allow lap tops in hospital so that I can keep in contact with you all?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi Nippy,

Yes they do. Somre hospitals came be a little dubious about allowng you to plg things in but if you either wait until nobody's looking (I used to get into so much trouble for it) or use a wireless laptop you'll stil hae internet access, e-mail etc.

How did your appointment go? have you been givne an admission date? How long do you have to wait?

Laura xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry I missed this Jen, hope it all goes well, and hope it's all over quickly and painlessly. A lady up the road from me (and she's ancient!) had both hips done at the same time, and she walked up and down the road on a hill with her corgi within no time, she persevered and is still walking fine two years down the line! All the best, hope you can take the lappy into hospital, otherwise we'll miss you terribly.xxxxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >