Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Flattered but no thank you!

A fellow walker took a liking to my Springer x Cocker this evening, so much so he suggested pairing him to his Springer bitch

This isn't this first time I've come across this guy, he is lovely just a little clueless I guess.

I politely declined with a "Sorry, even forgetting the cross, and possible invisible problems, he has terrible teeth."

Anyone else come across this? I was flattered but cor... I was just a bit stunned!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
So many people are totally clueless
I've not had the exact same situation, but I've had some people say it was a shame Axel was neutered before we had him - urm, no it wasn't! I took the opportunity to mention how many Greyhounds (and rescue dogs in general) are waiting for homes. I don't understand people like him.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
So many people are totally clueless
I've not had the exact same situation, but I've had some people say it was a shame Axel was neutered before we had him - urm, no it wasn't! I took the opportunity to mention how many Greyhounds (and rescue dogs in general) are waiting for homes. I don't understand people like him.
Haha! Oh He is a beautiful dog, with a wonderful nature... and even better for me an EXCELLENT worker. Had his teeth not been so awful I'd have been tempted to use him despite the cross (responsibily I may add)..but his teeth are chuffing awful.

I just wasn't sure why I'd give him up "just because" to be paired with a bitch who is just a pet.

They'd make the worst pets EVER :P Yet, not quite good enough to work! So an absolutely pointless exercise!
yorkshiregal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Haha, totally clueless! I just think it goes to show how little people think about the ins and outs of breeding and what it actually involves. They also just don't think about how many dogs are already waiting for a loving home to go into. It's just a matter of making people more aware, but how? It's difficult to try and do that without seeming condescending.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I guess I was stunned by ignorance of it all. A) that he asked and B) we could come to a deal in the middle of a field in 10 minutes ....
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
A fellow walker took a liking to my Springer x Cocker this evening, so much so he suggested pairing him to his Springer bitch

This isn't this first time I've come across this guy, he is lovely just a little clueless I guess.

I politely declined with a "Sorry, even forgetting the cross, and possible invisible problems, he has terrible teeth."

Anyone else come across this? I was flattered but cor... I was just a bit stunned!
Might he have been speaking in code?
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Might he have been speaking in code?
Code for what?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand :P
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dalmonda View Post
Code for what?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand :P
Perhaps he took a shine to you?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Perhaps he took a shine to you?

Hmmmmmm What were HIS teeth like then Dalmonda?!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I've had approaches about breeding with Dougal, but have pointed out that a: There are too many Staffies in rescue as it is and b: Dougal is neutered anyway. Never ceases to astound me that they don't look first.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >