Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Call for dog to be put down after four people attacked

Police are investigating after four people were attacked by a dog at a flat in Flintshire.

One father has called for the dog to be destroyed after his daughter, 17, needed an operation on her foot and leg following the incident in Mold.

Police said the dog, thought to be a cross breed, did not appear to banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

But the father said it had breached the act, adding: "I just want it put down before it kills someone."

He said his daughter was at the "gathering" at a flat in Mold on Friday, 26 February.

His daughter was taken to hospital, and is now recovering at home.

'Lifelong disfigurement'

He said: "She has had an operation and it appears to have gone well. We were told she might have needed skin grafts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I don't anyone to be prosecuted, I just want the dog put down before it kills someone.

"Having done it once, I think it's all the more likely that dog will do something like this again.

"If it had been a smaller child we could be talking about lifelong disfigurement or even death".

He added: "The Dangerous Dog Act applies to any dog that behaves in a dangerous way."

North Wales Police confirmed it was investigating, but said the dog did not appear to come under the act.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8545113.stm
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I thought an incident like this would come under "Dangerously out of control"?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
He said his daughter was at the "gathering" at a flat in Mold on Friday, 26 February.
this sounds suspiciously like a party of underage drinkers to me! I could be wrong, I hope I am, but with such few details its hard to say what went on.
If it were a house full of young folk drinking and playing up, the dog may have been in a situation it should never have been in.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I would be calling for the dogs owners to be put down if they are allowing thier dog to get into this situation time and time again.
Once a mistake maybe but 4 times
As usual the dog will suffer and the owner will just go out and get another one after a slapped wrist.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I would be calling for the dogs owners to be put down if they are allowing thier dog to get into this situation time and time again.
Once a mistake maybe but 4 times
As usual the dog will suffer and the owner will just go out and get another one after a slapped wrist.
the way I read it, it came across as 4 people in the same incident?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
the way I read it, it came across as 4 people in the same incident?
Its still ridiculous even if at the same time a resposible owner would have removed the dog at the first sign of aggression to the first person not waited till it had attacked 4 of them.
Still I suppose if the owner was drunk or as high as a kite that excuses them then, and its all the dogs fault.
Sorry things like this make me bladdy mad.
(Not having a go at you by the way )
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Sounds like the poor dog became totally overwhelmed by a "gathering" of rowdy youngsters.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 09:51 AM
here is a sinario...

Im out at work, gordon my son decides to have a party, they all get a bit drunk, one of his mates take a run and dives on gordons back for a laugh, vinnie takes this very badly grabs the boy by the foot/leg and tries to haul him off? people make a grab for vinnie, in panic he turns and bites at the hands grabbing him?

now you lot know my dogs aint nasty but this is a very possible situation for my dogs to be in, I know some of them wouldnt stand for someone diving on gordon
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I totally agree with Shona, people need to learn that dogs and parties don't always mix, however, soft the dog. When I was young our dogs were always but in their cages and moved up stairs when we had a party, and they were only yorkies so the big concern was they getting stepped on!!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
this sounds suspiciously like a party of underage drinkers to me! I could be wrong, I hope I am, but with such few details its hard to say what went on.
If it were a house full of young folk drinking and playing up, the dog may have been in a situation it should never have been in.
Agree, those were my thoughts as a "possible", too.

Wys
x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >