Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 06:53 AM

Sunny Blue Sky Sunday 22nd October 2023

Morning all. Yep it is a sunny blue sky day here this morning. Hope it is where you all are. Off for my wander now as it really does look lovely out there. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 07:11 AM
Good morning Brenda and all

Yep, looks to be a gorgeous morning out there. Sunny, blue sky, the works

We'll be off out in it soon too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2023, 10:17 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.
Lovely and sunny here but very chilly.
Housework for me today.
Gorden has to go and look through his storage boxes for hinges as we have bought another farm gate for the front and he has to make them fold to get the cars in and out.
The fencing we bought is good but I fear Brewster if out there if we're busy will manage to get underneath and out onto the road, so back to good old solid wooden gates for a naughty pups antics.

I had my phone call today and learnt a lot and feel happier about the decisions to be made regarding Brewster. Of the 5 in the litter of this persons puppy one was very bad and to be honest we both said all that he has been through and for little or no positive outcome we would of gone with the initial put to sleep option.
He has had so many operations, infections and still is unable to walk properly and has an awful quality of life.
Ghillie though has recovered well and is living a good life. So although nothing is guaranteed there is good feedback for having the ulna bone cut if felt necessary for him to have a good quality of life and for us all to get back to doing what we have been hoping we can do.

brenda I hope you enjoyed your walk.
Chris I hope you enjoyed your jaunt out and breakfast.
griff I hope you are feeling able to manage with the headaches today.
Kazz I hope your weekend is going well.
Sue I hope you are having a restful weekend.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 10:30 AM
It's as good as it looks out there so we have really enjoyed out run and have said bye to more of our caravan friends until they come back in the spring.

It's been busy with dogs on the prom today, but Ted has been good. Against all dog training rules, what is working for him is picking him up onto my knee and jollying past the dogs coming towards us. Some we stop and let him say hello (the ones we know and that Ted knows) so that he doesn't get totally frustrated, but it's a case of so far so good

Lynn, I have everything crossed for Brewster and hope you get a quick resolution and recovery for him. He deserves to have the life you can give him and I'm sure he will
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2023, 11:17 AM
Chris I have always been one to select bits from all different types of training and apply the bits I need to the dogs and the temperaments they have.
One size doesn't fit all and sometimes it is about what we can deal with how well trained we need our dogs to be.

For me if they are not doing obedience then manners and being able to walk them without fear of them pulling me into traffic then that works for me, recall of course if they are off lead.
If what you are doing works for Teddy then carry on.

Yes I feel more confident we will get there and hopefully by the end of the year if the referral get their fingers out if not quite so quick by the time Spring arrives we will be able to start doing the things we wanted.

He has been out the front with us while measuring gates etc., (fence is up still), he has enjoyed that people walking past, people with dogs walking past, cyclists on the road going by and it is a change of scenery so we have a calm dog.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you had a good wander Brenda

Good boy Ted.lovel morning for a tripod for him

Fingers crossed Lynn you soon ear from the referral vets and ten things progrsss qickly so that next year you and Brewster can enjoy your time out and about.

Sunny here but ver little breeze. Teazle was ver good thing morning and not lagging behind so a nice long walk. Barr has his covid jab this afternoon. Yestedayr afternoon not s restful as hoped. Family turned up, paint colours looked at and then to B&Q to get it. Then a visit to Currys, Tesco and B& M by which time Ben said he didn't fancy going home to cook so we end up in McD's. Hopefully he was up early to start the painting as he only has this week to do it in

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Stand by Sue. I think you might be helping with the painting.
Make sure you get some rest today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 01:00 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, I am sure Brewster ended up finding you because you will figure out the best thing for him, my vet has always said that my animals were sent to me because I would do best by them.
Chris, I have had 4 dogs, first 2 never went to classes but the last 2 have, tbh, as long as they come back, sit, stay and don't jump around and attack people/ animals..... after that point I am not fussed, you can see with Kota that a lot of effort has been put in.... she's soooo smart though and would have made a brilliant assistant dog........except for the lunatic bit.
Sue, hope you don't get roped in to painting and that Barry's jab goes well
Hope you enjoyed your walk Brenda
Headache is still here I think it could be my steroids...not sure though, I have taken my chemo today and just waiting for the side effects to pass, not doing anything today though
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 01:02 PM
Good afternoon all

Sue Somehow I think you are going to be involved in the painting. Glad you had anice busy day though.

Lynn Fantastic news on one count and I agree with quality of life. Is your situation similar to theirs and breeding following same family history? Maybe the caravan will be good for Brewster all the coming and going of a site. And he would be quite a draw. Roll on the Spring

Brenda Glad you have a nice day there did you enjoy the Harry potter fim? I am going to watcht he new TV sries on ITV about 8 or 9ish written by Lenny Henry I think.

Chris All systems go sounds like glad Ted is enjoying his trips out and you are toally besotted by him.

Griff Hope you are having a good day and your headache has improved?

Washing especially work stuff on the line and maybe not summer but passable and buillion times better than the rain. Off out for a late lunch now catch you all later
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Yep watched Harry P again and loved every minuite of it. Also will watch the two new series on tonight. Just hope there arn't to many adverts. Been for another wander and now going to settle to yet another book. This one is about a missing person. Enjoy the afternoon peeps.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >