Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:07 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Up early, it was so hot at 6 am this morning and we're in for the hottest yet over the next couple of days. For the moment, we're managing to stay quite cool doing what we're doing here and lots of cold water throughout the day, hope you are too.

Went to our meeting last night, and somehow managed to get roped into being on the committee, but it's only 2 meetings a year, nothing else to do that involves hard work, and they're a lovely bunch, I'm sure I'll enjoy being part of their gang.

Nothing planned for today, so I might pop over to Asda and get myself another couple of pairs of their cotton shorts cos they're nice and cool and comfy, bit like my jim jams, but shorter

Jenny, thinking of you this morning, hoping those boys have picked up after a good night's sleep, and I will go into your thread now to catch up, finger's crossed.xxx

Enjoy your day everyone and try and stay as cool as you can, it's gonna be hot, hot, hot out there today
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Hi
Had a rubbish start to the day as I lost my 16 year old cat Tilly during the night. She had a lung tumor and the heat was to much for her. I was awake and held her in my arms whilst she past so she new she was loved.
She died at 1.30 so I have to take her to the vets when they open at 8.30am she is wrapped up in a cat bed until then.
Also seem to have got some kind of itchy sore rash on my face.
Hope every one else is OK and all your doggy are doing OK with the heat.
Hovis wanted to go out yesterday but I didn't dare take her as it was to hot so she will have a walk with Ellen after I have sorted Tilly out.

I am going to try to go to aqua areobics later but will see how I am.

Ndidi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Helena sorry I could of put this up but I went out at 6 with Dillon and it was already hot. Then we get back I have to brush him through to get all the grass seeds out of his coat that he collects and get even more undercoat out of him.
I am going to have to leave the fan on for him when I toddle off to my uncle's funeral at 11ish I am going to be away a few hours.
I read all about your committee status you will keep the group entertained and lift it out of the doldrums.

jenny I hope the boys are better this morning and you have all had a restful night.
Bev hope the side is feeling better today.

Everyone else stay cool and safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Sorry about your cat Ndidi. I hope the rash eases soon too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A better night I am delighted to say and Rucksack seems almost himself again. No more 'firefighting' needed from either end .... (June I loved this) since yesterday late afternoon (Rucksack). Both the boys have had a very small amount of food which Rucksack hoovered down. However, little Flash is still really worrying me as he's not interested in anything and desperately quiet. He still looks hydrated so will decided in 1/2 hour whether to phone the vets for a chat with them.

Consequently I slept much better on the settee.

Helena - Congratulations on your committee status but as you say only two meetings a year ... oh and maybe a few rounds of crazy golf.

ndidi - I am so sorry to hear about your cat .

Lynn - I hope your Uncle's funeral goes smoothly. I know all about that extra job we have with long haired dogs having to brush all the grass seeds out .... something I haven't missed over the past few days

Well I've got all the windows open but will be closing all the south facing windows and blinds in a few hours.

I'll pop back later and try and do a big catch-up to see what has been happening.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Ndidi sorry to hear about your cat

Just working for me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning jenny glad to hear you had a better night with the boys.
Sorry to hear you are still very worried about Flash.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning H and all,

I am stuck in till I go to work this afternoon as I have an electrician coming to check the electrics in the house before I move, ready for the new tenants. Apparently this takes 4-5 hours. Might take him longer as half the sockets are buried behind clutter .
I will use the opportunity to get stuck into some housework and maybe I will bath Lily too.
I think I may have a kidney infection as had terrible aching pains in my lower back and round my stomach too just like I used to when I used to suffer with them. If no better tomorrow I will try and make time to go to the doctors.

Lynn I hope your uncle's funeral goes as well as these things can.

ndidi I am so sorry about your cat. RIP little one.

Jenny sorry to hear Flash is still worrying you, I hope he picks up soon.

H enjoy your day whatever you decide to do. I would love a few days with nothing planned

Its really hot out there already so try to stay cool everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Bev - good luck with the electrician and I hope you are feeling better soon .... drink lots of fluid!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2013, 07:24 AM
what a lovely warm day Stay safe everyone.

ndidi so sorry to hear about you cat, you will really miss her.

Jenny I hope Flash really improves. I would be inclined to ring the vet again as you say.

Bev good luck with the electricians always a nuisance when you have to wait in for people.

Everyone else stay cool and safe and have a good day.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »