View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2013, 07:20 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone.
The sun is shining here and there is a frost on the field and I have no idea how cold it might be outside at the moment but I am expecting it to be very cold. Looks like the wind may of eased off though so that in itself may help it feel warmer.
I hope all of those that had awful snow yesterday especially in the part of the country Helena lives it has stopped snowing and is beginning to thaw and does it quickly for you.
May Dave be able to set off for work today Helena ?

The second valuation went well and Dillon got a lovely long walk from Gorden while I let the agent do his stuff and give me his spiel. I think we will be opting with them they had done their homework on the comparables in the post code area and what they sold for and most importantly what our neighbours sold for last year. We have a bit bigger garden and the side access down the side of the house. Plus they marketed it when we bought it nearly 16 years ago. So I think they will get the business. Gorden's aim is to have it on the market by or just after Easter. We have two quite big payments coming in in the next couple of weeks so can get the painting done we need to do get the deed of covenant for when we changed the windows and had the french doors put in so no hold ups last minute our end for that and pay for the EPC to be done.
Then its getting people through the door and hopefully a quick sale. We should if we put it on at the price he advised make enough for mortgage free just and pay the solicitor, and removal and estate agent fee. May have a small bit left may not. Main thing is to get this mill stone from around our neck.
Of course Gorden may get this job yet still no news re: interview but he isn't worried and says they took an age last time to invite for the last interview.
Today it will be walking Dillon and maybe an easy day up through the night again and lots of things including shopping yesterday so I am a bit tired today and need to recharge my batteries.

Malka happy birthday. I hope you are feeling better too.
Sally I hope that cough is easing.
June any news on Ash or the pup in Germany yet ?
Helena I hope the snow has gone or is going and the same for others that were unfortunate enough to have a significant downfall.
Pat I am hoping Martin is coming on in leaps and bounds now and that you are able to relax a bit now and worry a little less.
I am sure I have missed some especially as I didn't get on much yesterday and missed a lot so if I have sorry and wishing you and doglets if poorly well too.

Stay safe wrap up warm and have a good Wednesday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Good news about the house Lynn, lets hope everything goes smoothly from now on and that after them raising your hopes Gordon does get that interview and then the job.

A lot of the snow melted yesterday, still some left but its not all frozen out there although that wind is still bitter.
Yesterday morning was gridlock around here, people were digging cars out and then attempting the roads that only 4x4's had any hope of getting through on. It took my neighbour 45 mins to move 150yrds on the A12 because of the snow and his wife in her 4x4 nearly 2 hrs to do a 15 min journey to her horses. I didn't take my car out at all yesterday.

This morning I am off to the elderly gentlemans house I go to once a month to give his house a good clean and then home, walk Lily and off to work.

Happy Birthday Malka.
H, I hope the snow is better down with you now you certainly bore the brunt of it yesterday.

Take care all and have a good day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and everyone

Happy Birthday Malka

Good news on the house front then Lynn, you're certainly putting it on at the right time, and do the same as you have with the agents with the solicitor's cos they too are itching for business and you can barter with them atm, we got ours for £500 all in, sale and purchase,. bargain! Good luck with that interview, I'm sure it will come soon.

Bev, I didn't realise you had that much up there, stay safe!

Snow still here, although the sun is shining this morning, so hopefully it will go by the end of the day. I must get to Sainsburys along with the van if I can, as there is more forecast for Thursday (the day Dave comes home!).

He went off early at 6 am and so far I haven't heard anything, but I will ring his workshop before I go out with Zena just to see he's arrived safely.

I'm looking forward to my woodland walk this morning cos the snow should be really deep in there, Zena will go nuts I'm sure, and I'll be totally cream crackered walking up those hills in thick snow, but she didn't get a walk at all yesterday so I'll have to make it a long one.

My guests e-mailed me to say they were having difficulty setting off yesterday, so are leaving it until the weather has improved, and told me not to worry about getting the van ready today, but I really must, just in case.

Hope everyone is well or getting better today, especially you Chris, that cold sounds really awful.

Enjoy your day everyone, I really hope you don't get our snow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
Good news about the house Lynn, lets hope everything goes smoothly from now on and that after them raising your hopes Gordon does get that interview and then the job.

A lot of the snow melted yesterday, still some left but its not all frozen out there although that wind is still bitter.
Yesterday morning was gridlock around here, people were digging cars out and then attempting the roads that only 4x4's had any hope of getting through on. It took my neighbour 45 mins to move 150yrds on the A12 because of the snow and his wife in her 4x4 nearly 2 hrs to do a 15 min journey to her horses. I didn't take my car out at all yesterday.

This morning I am off to the elderly gentlemans house I go to once a month to give his house a good clean and then home, walk Lily and off to work.

Happy Birthday Malka.
H, I hope the snow is better down with you now you certainly bore the brunt of it yesterday.

Take care all and have a good day.
Morning Bev goodness the snow was bad with you too. We were lucky here then with just bitter cold winds.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Bev and everyone

Happy Birthday Malka

Good news on the house front then Lynn, you're certainly putting it on at the right time, and do the same as you have with the agents with the solicitor's cos they too are itching for business and you can barter with them atm, we got ours for £500 all in, sale and purchase,. bargain! Good luck with that interview, I'm sure it will come soon.

Bev, I didn't realise you had that much up there, stay safe!

Snow still here, although the sun is shining this morning, so hopefully it will go by the end of the day. I must get to Sainsburys along with the van if I can, as there is more forecast for Thursday (the day Dave comes home!).

He went off early at 6 am and so far I haven't heard anything, but I will ring his workshop before I go out with Zena just to see he's arrived safely.

I'm looking forward to my woodland walk this morning cos the snow should be really deep in there, Zena will go nuts I'm sure, and I'll be totally cream crackered walking up those hills in thick snow, but she didn't get a walk at all yesterday so I'll have to make it a long one.

My guests e-mailed me to say they were having difficulty setting off yesterday, so are leaving it until the weather has improved, and told me not to worry about getting the van ready today, but I really must, just in case.

Hope everyone is well or getting better today, especially you Chris, that cold sounds really awful.

Enjoy your day everyone, I really hope you don't get our snow.
Morning Helena hope the snow disappears today for you, and you can get to the van and to the shops. Enjoy your walk and hope Dave has had a safe journey.

Chris didn't realise your cold was still going wishing you well soon.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, H and all

Fingers crossed for a quick sale Lynn

Hope your snow goes soon H and Bev.

We will be able to get out today, wish I hadn't cancelled my cousins hospital appointment now but I wasn't sure we would make it and thought it would be better if they could offer it to someone else. Our lovely neighbouring farmer took our post in and brought it down, he then came back with a snow plough. The snow on the track was over the knees in places but just traces on the fields.

The dogs were thrilled about the postal delivery (not) as I had ordered new tooth scrapers and tooth powder!

I hope you all have a good day!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning all.

Thanks Lynn, feeling a lot better this morning - just the awful breathlessness left now so hopefully should be all better soon

Now come on you lot darn sarf. I know the snow was absolutely awful for you, but did you really have to send us your remnants? We have a couple of inches down overnight, but the sky looks fairly clear and it looks to be melting so I'm hoping it will be gone soon. Mind you, we do still keep having little flurries

Regardless, I am going on our walk today - it may slow us down considerably while I wheeze my way around, but I am going!! (unless, of course, we get more snow and then I'm hibernating again because I'm phobic about the damned stuff)

Lynn, I'm so pleased to hear that you are starting to get the ball rolling on moving. It will do you both the world of good to be more financially secure regardless of what happens on the job front for Gorden.

Helena, I can't believe that you have people seriously considering a caravan holiday with the weather you have had down there. There are some very brave and hardy people around aren't there?

I've not been keeping up so I hope everyone else is well and that you find a really good replacement home for Ash, June. I've read a little about the fiasco, but, after all the tooing and frowing with the original prospective owner, it didn't surprise me too much that that home fell through. The little lad will probably be much better off in his new home when it comes along. Did you ever get any more news on Sasha? I do hope so.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Happy Birthday Malka.

Lynn you must feel more positive now that you actually have an agenda regarding the house sale - something to aim for.

I'm relieved for all who had snow yesterday to hear that it is thawing and your lives can get back on track. Enjoy your walks with your dogs today.

I'm off to walk the dogs shortly before going to spend the morning at our flat to finish off cleaning and to repaint a wall.

See you all later.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all,

Cold and sunny here this morning and the wind seems to have dropped.

I have a bit of a busy day ahead,I have to take O/H to the opticians at 9.30 then to the bank,home to pick up Lizzie and then to the hairdressers so we both can get our hair cut,then it will be more or less lunchtime,

I have to take Meg to the vets at 4 and inbetween all this I am expecting a delivery

Just about to peg my washing out,then I can get another load out later on.

Have a good day all x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Morning everyone

I hope things move quickly on the house-front, Lynn, and that Gorden hears about an interview soon.

It's cold but sunny here.

I'm really fed up - I ordered this face cream online and they only told me last night that they couldn't get it. It was for my mum's birthday tomorrow, so I've only got today to find something else. They shouldn't have said they had it in stock if they didn't.

Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Morning everyone, a better morning than yesterday, lets hope you all have a good day, particularly Malka on her birthday have a good one.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »