Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 02:00 PM

hope this isnt to morbid

my neighbour and me were chatting about her dogs that she has had over the years etc and she said she had one of them cremated and is under her bed , till it is her time and then they will both be buried together
i think thats a great idea , as ella is my first dog i have had myself and is my babie . when it is her time {long way off yet i hope } im giong to do the same i cant imagin being without my best bud and as she goes every wher i do now so why not when im gone , then were still be together
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm planning to do that too! But with me there will be three of them, Glen, Shep and Blackie.

Ian
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I still have the ashes of Dudley my boxer who died at 13 just over 10 years ago. I intend to take him with me when I go. It's written in my will. Haven't kept any of the others though, I buried them out in the garden, but can't say how many will come with me when I go, as I don't intend to go for a while yet. He was just extra special.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I have seven caskets on my dressing table, they are the second thing I see when I open my eyes in the morning, the first being Nova!!

Someone asked why I didn't bury them(the ashes) in the garden and my answer was "They have never been outside dogs and they are not going to start now!"

No it's not morbid.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
No its not morbid - my sister kept my dad's ashes in her loft when he died 5 years ago, purely cos she didn't know what to do with them. She then buried them in January with my mum. I think it's a lovely idea
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
My mate has both sets of parents in her wardrobe
she says they'd be mortified to know they were all sleeping together
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
As a family we've always had pets ashes scattered on the animal cemetary at Rossendale - http://www.rosspetcrem.co.uk/
My friend has the ashes of three of her dogs, she says she isn't ready to let go of them yet but one day she'll scatter them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I have Max's ashes,as I couldn't bear to bury him here and leave him here when we move,he has a nice box with his ahses and toys in.When we have moved to our last home then I may bury him or scatter him and make a nice garden for him,I don't think its morbid at all when they have been you best pal.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
its really nice to see im not the only one who will be doing this for ella and me
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
i think its a lovely idea.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >