Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 11:21 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 26th February 2018

Morning all
Dropped dakota off at the vets this morning, 3 sedatives and still an absolute fruit loop Lol..i have to ring at 2pm to see when i can get her, i would suspect 2.15 Lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Fingers crossed for her Griff.

I've had to cancel a hospital appointment this afternoon. I just can't risk the 70 mile round trip with the weather as it is and what is forecast. I was worried about it, but the lady taking the call said the switchboard has been in meltdown all day with people cancelling appointments.

It's blooming freezing out there. The car was registering 0.5 degrees. Add in the wind chill and it's the coldest it's been all winter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Chris, always better to be safe than sorry... another appointment can be made... can't get another you though...can we??
Got a call at before 12... could I fetch Dakota... she's wild lol, got there to be told everytime she moves...she poops...how am I to get home?? Had to call my dad to come get us, sat in the car, looked, jeans got blood on them, get in the house, she goes out to the loo...looks at her leg and it's bleeding, call the vets, all back in the car and a dressing applied and back home, she is now asleep under her blanket on the sofa....I need booze!!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Good afternoon Griff, Chris and all who follow

Hope Kota is fine at the vets and the results are nothing to worry about.

Sorry yuhad to cancel the hospital appointment but wise I think with what is forecast.

Sorry to about Gill my thoughts are with you all Lynn. Hope she remains comfortable

My its cold here so far have managed to get to 1 degree. Done the monthly shop, sorted and all put away and then out to lunch. On the way said must fill up with fuel on the way back which I did but the price had gone down by 2p a litre in an hour which was nice

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay warm
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Bonus...cheaper fuel always a good thing!
They have sent a lump away for histology so hoping they will be back before the vet goes on his hols....hopefully nothing nasty. She has stopped pooping , the leg is still bleeding but it's right by her knee so fully get why it bleeds and she is currently sleeping in the chair next to dad snoring her little head off
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
the leg is still bleeding but it's right by her knee so fully get why it bleeds and she is currently sleeping in the chair next to dad snoring her little head off
Glad it's all done now and hoping the tests are negative.

I expect you know already (but just in case) I found something called 'Vetrap' it's a kind of stretchy fabric bandage thing, you apply a cotton wool pad (or similar) and wrap this around. We were using a sock and wrapping the top and bottom with adhesive fabric tape as sold in the pharmacy and which don't work

It will stop them licking the wound, which is what Casey was doing, mind you he's an idiot, Dakota probably far more sensible
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 06:24 PM
The vet wrap is great, but for elbow wounds crepe bandages are useful. Wind around the wound area then up over their back and back down around the wound. It stops the bandage slipping
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fingers crossed for her Griff.

I've had to cancel a hospital appointment this afternoon. I just can't risk the 70 mile round trip with the weather as it is and what is forecast. I was worried about it, but the lady taking the call said the switchboard has been in meltdown all day with people cancelling appointments.

It's blooming freezing out there. The car was registering 0.5 degrees. Add in the wind chill and it's the coldest it's been all winter.
Wow. I do not blame you though, I have done a run over to the QEhospital here my Aunt is again an in patient with pop, clean nighties clothes etc etc etc in case we cannot get over with the weather.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Chris, always better to be safe than sorry... another appointment can be made... can't get another you though...can we??
Got a call at before 12... could I fetch Dakota... she's wild lol, got there to be told everytime she moves...she poops...how am I to get home?? Had to call my dad to come get us, sat in the car, looked, jeans got blood on them, get in the house, she goes out to the loo...looks at her leg and it's bleeding, call the vets, all back in the car and a dressing applied and back home, she is now asleep under her blanket on the sofa....I need booze!!!
What on earth happened why was her leg injured?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon Griff, Chris and all who follow

Hope Kota is fine at the vets and the results are nothing to worry about.

Sorry yuhad to cancel the hospital appointment but wise I think with what is forecast.

Sorry to about Gill my thoughts are with you all Lynn. Hope she remains comfortable

My its cold here so far have managed to get to 1 degree. Done the monthly shop, sorted and all put away and then out to lunch. On the way said must fill up with fuel on the way back which I did but the price had gone down by 2p a litre in an hour which was nice

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay warm
Odd I did that today drove past and then thought ill up on way home and price down again 2p a litre. I have done monthly shop today too great minds.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >