View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Sounds very sensible .. I think the key here is to get the dog used to the idea of not being trapped .. that he can come and go with nothing bad happening.
TortuousAugur
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2018, 10:32 PM
I not sure that it's a fear of the vehicle so much as fear of the movement. On the rare occasion that he gets out and running around in the public he jumps in all in his own when I say "come on legs to for a ride" after I catch him while driving but immediately starts whining. I may try some of the things I'm seeing here since the whining gets worse when I stop but I think it's going to be more work than I'm going to be able to do since I'm rarely home anymore...
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2018, 11:22 PM
If the problem is motion sickness, have you tried giving him travel sickness tablets well in advance of the journey? (Stugeron worked for us, full dose the night before, half dose an hour before the journey).
Some dogs do not like to see the surroundings passing by so quickly when they travel. These dogs are usually happier in covered crates.
TortuousAugur
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2018, 11:30 PM
No, I haven't gone any great kind of distance with him ever since he had the diarrhea accident while in the moving van. Since he was already a full grown adult at the time, I figured it was way too late to do anything to change that about him. Not sure how effective motion sickness tablets would be since the goal would be him in my semi truck for 2-3 months at a time.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2