Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Two part question

So please don't laugh at me for having to ask this.

What on Earth are these? Someone gave these to me and I have no idea what they are or what to do with them. I don't think they are napkins, because they are not absorbent at all. They came in little stacks and are seemingly worthless. Are they decorations? I have no idea, I feel like an idiot!!

Also, what on Earth do I do with all THIS?

Also a gift. 6 bags of Hartz (a cheap brand) dog treats in SPANISH. I opened one pack to give one to Jade to try - NO GO. Can't read Spanish and haven't been bothered to copy down the ingredients to test for soy (which Nigredo is allergic to) so didn't give him any.

Don't like Hartz anyway so no surprise Jade said NO and knowing Nigredo and his allergies, I think I'll pass on these entirely, regardless. I'd hate to throw them away though. Probably don't have a choice.

I don't want them and I highly doubt anybody else does, either. They have been sitting around for a while, but I cleaned up yesterday and realized they are just taking up space and making a mess.

P.S.
Excuse Nigredo's butt in the pic... he was trying to eat and would not move out of the way.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Interesting!

Would a shelter like the treats?

The other look like disposable washing up pads and may take water when squeezed

place mats?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2014, 11:38 AM
I thought the top pic looked a bit like J cloths but as they are no bigger than your hand, I dunno are they folded. Mind you I think J cloths are useless anyway.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Nope, not folded... they are small and square and partially see through. They don't absorb water well, it just kinda... rolls off and they have a slick "plasticky" feel to them, as well. They feel glossed, not just papery.

IDK, suppose a shelter might want the treats... though probably not. I'll try and ask around.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Disposable coasters? lol no idea

As for the treats, try and give them to a shelter maybe like Rosebud said, I'm sure they'd happily take them!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post

As for the treats, try and give them to a shelter maybe like Rosebud said, I'm sure they'd happily take them!
I think coasters too; they might stop heat getting through
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post

Ah, that makes sense given their lack of absorbency, square size, and plastic like coating. It's just like I said, they are of no use to me. Flabigamit!! I'll give them to the senior center we visit next time I go, they could always use disposable coasters.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Ah, that makes sense given their lack of absorbency, square size, and plastic like coating. It's just like I said, they are of no use to me. Flabigamit!! I'll give them to the senior center we visit next time I go, they could always use disposable coasters.
there you are then; problem solved!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2014, 01:49 PM
They look a bit like non absorbent wound dressings
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
So please don't laugh at me for having to ask this.

What on Earth are these? Someone gave these to me and I have no idea what they are or what to do with them. I don't think they are napkins, because they are not absorbent at all. They came in little stacks and are seemingly worthless. Are they decorations? I have no idea, I feel like an idiot!!

Also, what on Earth do I do with all THIS?

Also a gift. 6 bags of Hartz (a cheap brand) dog treats in SPANISH. I opened one pack to give one to Jade to try - NO GO. Can't read Spanish and haven't been bothered to copy down the ingredients to test for soy (which Nigredo is allergic to) so didn't give him any.

Don't like Hartz anyway so no surprise Jade said NO and knowing Nigredo and his allergies, I think I'll pass on these entirely, regardless. I'd hate to throw them away though. Probably don't have a choice.

I don't want them and I highly doubt anybody else does, either. They have been sitting around for a while, but I cleaned up yesterday and realized they are just taking up space and making a mess.

P.S.
Excuse Nigredo's butt in the pic... he was trying to eat and would not move out of the way.
Why don't you donate all the dog treats to a rescue as the dogs would be so grateful for them.

As for the other things I havn't a clue what they are.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >