View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2011, 09:59 PM

Sleep tight Rocky, our beautiful, brave, boy.

Rocky passed away earlier today - he decided he was was going to go off his own accord and not by the vet who was booked in for a home visit tomorrow.

He went downhill last night when he couldn't get up to go to the loo - the swelling had crept up his legs and to his back a little. We phoned the emergency vet (it was about 3am) and he said to bring him in at 8 as they didn't feel it was an emergency and he didn't seem to be in obvious pain.

He perked up a little by the morning, was able to walk downstairs and into the garden, even if a bit wobbly - he ate some freshly cooked chicken too, and took all his tablets like the good boy he's always been. However we knew the time had come as he just wasn't himself, so phoned the vet to ask for a home visit, but they didn't have any slots left today and the earliest they could do was tomorrow. Given that he had improved slightly overnight we thought maybe it was for the best and perhaps there was a slight glimmer of hope he might perk up a little more, like he has so many times before - and maybe because he was looking forward to his 8th birthday which was less than two weeks agway

He'd been resting all day and we spent the day with him on the bed, giving him lots of hugs and attention, but as the day progressed it had become clear we made the right decision, he was looking less and less himself and had a toilet accident after which he showed the nervousness signs associated with epilepsy (or at least it's what reminds me of of his behaviour post fit) - where he'll look around confused wondering what's going on (losing control of your bowels is also common with a fit) - but it's been years since he's had a fit and I thought he was just upset for spoiling the bed - so I poured him all the love I had in me, and told him it was ok and he was a good boy - he soon forgot it all and relaxed again.

Later, he had a small fit - it was straight after we gave him a tramadol so I don't know if that triggered it, but we phoned the vet immediately asking if there was any way for a house call, they only had one vet on duty and so it wasn't possible but they would see us straight away if we could get there - that was a bout 7pm.

We got him in the car where 10 minutes later his fit became more violent, and then he suddenly stopped, he passed away

He fought right to the very end, and was remarkably well throughout the time he's had this nasty tumour, he's had a few down days but even they weren't that bad - never going off his food (until last night) always wagging his tail, always happy to smile, even when he wasn't feeling 100%.

I'm sure you can imagine we very very distraught - so please forgive me if I'm not around for a while, and thank you all for being there for us and supporting us through his illness, that means so much to us.

Sleep tight Rocky, we will ALWAYS love you, and be thankful of all the love you gave us - we feel very privileged to have been your human companions and will never, ever, forget you.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I am so sorry
Run free lad
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh no. I dont know what to say. RIP rocky
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh Azz, I don't really have any words for you, other than to say that Rocky was such a lucky boy to have such loving owners who were with him to the end, and Rocky knew he was loved.

HUge hugs for you.

Sleep tight you big gorgeous boy Rocky xxxxxxx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Azz I am so so sorry to hear this

You did everything you could to give him a very fulfilled life. He'll be waiting for you...

Run free at the bridge Rocky lad xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
So sorry Azz xx

Rocky was to me the original Dogsey dog and without him (and you of course) we would not have Dogsey.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I am sorry to hear this.

Run Pain free at the bridge little man
xxxx

Take care
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
So very sorry.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I'm so sorry Azz xx

Sleep Tight Darling Rocky xxxx
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I am so sorry for your loss Azz. R.I.P Rocky.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »