Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Jess, Labrador x Staffie, DOB 07 - Basingstoke, Hants

Jess, Labrador x Staffie, DOB 07 - Basingstoke, Hants

Homing Requirements: Jess deserves a dog centred family where she can experience fun, laughter and gain further skills. She needs a secure garden. She has lived successfully with other dogs and very young children. Although she lived with cats they were always a source of fun, but then perhaps she had nothing better to attract her attention.

Her Story: Jess was homed as a pup in with a young family with toddlers upwards. She grew up with cats and a year ago was bred from producing 14 pups around November. She went into distress after her 13th and she needed a caesarean and found she had a dead pup in her. She reared her pups as a good mum. Her owners retained a female pup Pebbles who she is currently living with. They were both neutered by us 1 month ago. They have now both come into rescue with us and are in foster. She is Benson's mum who is also in our Rescue. Jess is neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Jess is a beautiful dog. Large in size and gentle in nature. She has a really wonderful vibe and is welcoming in meeting all people and dogs. Living with her pup has rejuvenated her and they have played and have a really lovely relationship. Jess could be homed with Pebbles or could join another dog. She needs to be developed and given training and attention. Her social skills are fine.

Jess is such a special dog. Everyone who meets her appreciates that and although she is a big girl with that comes manners and reserve. She has spent a lot of her day being tidied up into a crate. We are now able to look for a family who are centered around her needs. Her family simply wanted her and her daughter gone! Jess will delight and, provided you are confident around large dogs, Jess will be a superb addition to any family.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-08-2010, 08:32 PM
An update from Lynne:

"Jess has been fostered now for several weeks with her daughter Pebbles. I went to meet them again and was so pleased to see them enjoying themselves. They are walked separately as they can enliven each other's energy. Jess is a female Labrador sized dog who does get excited on meeting other dogs and has always had the tendency to play. Her pups over this year did lighten up her energy.

She is just learning to related to her fosterer outside and adjust to life in a new area.

Indoors she is with Pebbles and they play and are intertwinned constantly.

A toy I bought with me went down really well. Jess had it and kept it despite Pebbles. Jess growled slightly at Pebbles. I then took it from her with ease and held it in the air. Oh my God you should have seen Jess leap 2' off the ground LOL"!

Jess needs her forever home - could it be you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Tony, one of our volunteer walkers, took Jess our for a walk today. Here is his update:

"I took out the lovely, beautiful Jess today. I must say, she was looking quite depressed and fed up with being in kennels. You can just see it in her eyes. Maybe she also misses Pebbles. I felt so sorry for her so I gave her some nice cuddles before setting off on our walk.

After the initial pulling at the lead at the sheer joy of having some freedom she soon settled down, then we enjoyed a lovely walk together. Initially I kept stopping and gave her a `no' whenever she wanted to pull ahead of me. She soon got the message and started to walk nicely beside me. Once she knows whats expected of her she seems to want to please you and keeps looking at you to see if eveythings ok.

We stopped to take some photo's and she just craved affection. Whenever you stop she just melts into you. She put her head on my lap and closed her eyes while I stroked her. Which made me melt as well".

Jess is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from a foster home until her forever home comes along. Can you help her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-11-2010, 09:30 PM
An update from our volunteers on Jess:

“Jess has lost some weight and doesn't look very happy. She is such a lovely girl and I think she's probably missing Pebbles.

Jess is a stunning, obedient, a gentle giant and I would love to see her being given the attention she needs and deserves. She did pull quite hard on the walk, but I really think with the right time and training she could be a very special pet”.

Jess showing off her sitting skills - she does a very cute paw as well!

Looking for more cuddles

Jess is currently in boarding kennel and available for foster or adoption. Do you think you could help her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“I took Jess out today with the idea of trying to get some nice snaps of her. This proved quite difficult as every time I bent down to take a photo she would come up to me for belly rubs, cuddles and kisses. She really is a big softy!

I took her up to the very top of the steep hill by the kennels where they had cut down all of the trees. I know Jess likes playing with big sticks/ logs/ trees so this was like heaven for her. It also distracted her enough to get a couple of photo's”.

Jess is currently in boarding kennels and with the cold weather setting in she would really love some time in a foster home. If you are able to foster her please get in touch.

If you are interested in re-homing Jess please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-12-2010, 12:15 PM
An update from Lynne on Jess:

“Jess and I spent the day together yesterday. She travelled with Dillan [another rescue dog] to the vet and then came home and spent 3 hours in my house and garden. She had a lovely warm shower, good meal and we fitted another collar though I have been worrying ever since, if it's still too loose. Jess has a narrow head so her collars are quite difficult to get right and safe, so it doesn’t slip over her head.

Took some pictures of her in the dull winter afternoon light and more came out than I thought so have loaded to demonstrate her placid nature loving nature ... a study of such beauty. Vet staff loved her when she went in for her first vax. (We discovered in the week she hadn't been vax'd since a pup; 6 months we waited for her vax certificate!

We parted in the dead of night with Ian holding a bowl of lovely food for her ... you feel such betrayal putting a dog back into kennels. Very depressing time for us all currently.

Come meet our Queen ...

Jess feels a little distant and depressed, understandably so. She has a very loving nature despite her inner sadness. No homes coming through at the moment ... little hope to offer you... lovely One”.

Jess is currently in boarding kennels and we think that she would cheer up very quickly if she had a break and went into a foster home. If you think you could foster Jess then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing Jess please complete our homing questionnaire also via our website so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:30 PM
An update on Jess from one of our volunteer walkers:

"We went for a lovely walk with Jess and Finlay [another RR rescue dog] - two dogs with lovely natures and they both had a nice time in the sun! It was such a lovely change to be able to go out in the sun and both seemed to have an extra spring in their step.

Jess showed off her good commands and whilst demonstrating a lovely 'sit' she seemed to give Finlay a look that said "watch and learn little one"!

We got back to the kennels and she still seemed to have some extra energy to run off so we had a 10 minute play in the paddock. Its so lovely to see her run around and play! Its very easy to forget sometimes that Jess isn't very old and I have to admit I didn't know how much she loves to chase a ball or how much dedication she really puts into getting it!

What a lovely finish to a lovely day!

Jess is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit greatly from a break in a foster home. If you think you could foster Jess then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Jess please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.