Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 07:03 AM

Daily thread Thursday 5th October 2017

Morning all. Well overcast and grey here so I am going to wrap Christmas Presents. Yep you heard correct. Hope you all have a good day. Moyra hope Amber is better today. What's wrong? June have emailed you. Everyone else hope your doglets are well and everyone else. Off to have a wrapping session.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Haven't even bought any presents yet for christmas, tell a lie a few little odds and ends but no intention of wrapping yet. Not enough to make it worthwhile for now.
Have fun brenda.

June hugs for today and hope Lona, Mabs and Zen are doing ok.
Hope everyone else is doing ok today to and all four legged friends are as well.

Will ring Gill today to see how she is doing after yesterday.
Dillon will have to do with games and a nice groom today as we have a part coming for the car and it could be here between today and Monday.
So not happy about moving to far away from the house again today.
Gorden home tonight so one of us can take him tomorrow.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Amber has a couple of nasty swellings I am worried about, she also needs her nails clipping which since Steve did one too short she will not let either of us trim her nails. She doesn't do enough roadwork to wear them down only keeps to the grass.

I cannot bear the thought of Christmas, just let it pass as ordinary time. I shall enjoy the carol concerts but that is about the limit.

Have a good day all, I know June it is going to be hard but will hold you and Kesh in my thoughts. (Hugs)

Lynn, Sorry to hear that it looks like Gill is losing the battle. She has fought for so long and hard, it must be hard for you to watch her deteriorate. My thoughts and prayers are also with you, (Hugs)

Griff when will you get your results? I hope they are not too bad and they can help you further. Hope your girls are ok.

Harvey hope all is well with you and OH and your beautiful Casey and Lara. Take care all.

Brenda, perish the thought of Christmas it is just a tiresome time for a lot of us oldies, especially if we have no grandchildren to spoil. My only grandchild is 16 coming up 17 in February, I would love to give her my car which for its age is in pretty good condition and I am not going to be able to drive it much longer as my licence will need to be renewed in February next year. However, my daughter and her husband moved away without giving me their new address or telephone number. I think I embarrassed them with gifts of money for the children, she was fostering two at the time and I treated them all the same on their birthdays and Christmas. I do not believe she is fostering anymore as they will have all become of age.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Enjoy your present wrapping Brenda. Have only bought one ,present and already given, the rest will be cash as nobody knows what they want. Eldest son wants lego and said he would out money towards its as the one he wants is expensive.

Hugs to you and hope Gill is feeling a little better today. Hope part arrives sooner than Monday.

Thinking of you today June and the girls. Like others have said you do everything and more for the girls they could not want for a better owner.

Hope Amber is ok Moyra.

Hope your grandson's op goes well Bumblesnout.

Overcast here today. Out shortly to a farm shop just for a mooch round and perhaps a coffee.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Morning.
I havent even thought of Christmas yet, suppose I should really with my ever expanding family!

Brenda it is big black clouds here dont think it will be long before we have a downpour

June I hope you are feeling a bit better today. A stupid thing to say really it is going to take ages yet. But just to let you know you are in my thoughts.

Lynn, I hope you find Gill comfortable and as happy as she can be.

Moyra I hope Amber is ok and perhaps you can get her checked out and get some good news.

Speak to you all later xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2017, 09:19 AM
LOL Nippy you are trying to repopulate the whole area single handedly
Very quiet this morning, Kesh was such a massive presence and personality. Zen been in and searched the house for her again, poor girl is bewildered and doesn't understand. Lona and Mabs just know and give me silent support staying close to me
Spoken to the butchers and everything back to normal, bones on Tuesday, I got 2 bags of chicken drumsticks the other day so we'll manage, another 2 bags of chicken quarters as well so they will come in handy for teas. I've asked butcher to get me an oxheart as run out of it as Keshi was getting it to try and give her a boost.
Sorry to hear Amber got hurt having her nails clipped, Moyra. That's why I got guillotine ones, you can't cut too far up with them.
Thanks again for all the nice comments and kindness, it means a lot. We'll go off to the woods this morning to her favourite places
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 09:43 AM
morning all
Brenda, i have done a little christmas shopping but i leave all my wrapping to be done together else i forget what i got for who Lol
Moyra, i hope the vet gives you some good news
Lynn, hope Gill is feeling a little better today
Nippy...i am lucky, only a few to buy for at christmas
Sue, enjoy the farm shop
TW, hope you have a peaceful walk
Not too sure when i will get my results, i think if there is anything wrong then the consultant will get in touch, other than that i am just left without being told...well my gp will tell me. The dogs are good thanks, deags has an intermittent lameness problem, we are thinking a slipping patella but she is o.k so don't fancy surgery....yet!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Just rang Gill expecting her to be all perky today but no Peter answered she went to bed later in the day yesterday and is still there today.
Doctor went in yesterday and told her to stop eating all the chocolate and crisps and drinking so much fizzy pop.
It is to do with her getting constipated then the bowel not coping, so she says and is probably right.
They are running out of sheets as Peter is having to throw them away even a good hot wash doesn't clean them, I have some nice cotton flat sheets that were mums so about to dig them out and I am taking a trip over tomorrow to stock Peter up so he doesn't run out.
She has been prescribed movicol I think but Boots haven't got it and the prescription has been faxed there so Peter has to wait till tomorrow.
We think it is possibly a blessing in disguise as her tummy could probably do with a rest.
Doctor wants her up the surgery tomorrow so she can examine her but Peter isn't sure she will be strong enough to go. District nurses in today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Lynn, tell peter to tell the Dr if she is not well enough to attend the surgery the Dr is to go to them...any half decent dr will come. The movicol is pretty grim to be honest, they do a few flavours but none are great, you can get chocolate and lemon and lime....i was so lucky i only had issues a few times, would she be able to tolerate a bit of liqourice do you think? Also, the constipation can actually be a cause for the water infection...i never knew that before
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2017, 10:52 AM
To be honest griff not sure anything will really help it seems the bowel may be playing a major issue in this.
She did have a small bowel resection when they did the big op nearly 11 years ago as they detected a small amount of cancer there.
She has also been sick this morning so obviously the stomach is struggling even though she is manically hungry all the time due to the steroids.
Peter won't take her if she isn't well enough he will ring to let them know and hopefully the doctor or a doctor will go out again to see her.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >