Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Really hope you feel better soon.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2017, 01:29 PM
They (dogs) really do know when we're struggling.

Physical damage is perhaps obvious but also emotionally. My dogs are here for me.

I've been off the forum a while so I'm unsure what you've done but I wish you healing vibes.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
They (dogs) really do know when we're struggling.

Physical damage is perhaps obvious but also emotionally. My dogs are here for me.

I've been off the forum a while so I'm unsure what you've done but I wish you healing vibes.
To Phil and others here:

I didn't actually do anything, at least not knowingly.
I developed a severe eye infection and shingles at the same time, related or not I don't know.The diagnosis on my discharge from hospital was "shingles?" Like that complete with the question mark. Either they don't know or aren't saying.

I'm improving but I still have dreadful fatigue. And you are right. The dog knows and has been very patient. He is a big, active fellow and used to long walks. My dear wife has being doing most of the walks but has back problems so can't walk as far.

Today was a landmark. We walked round Houghton Hall Park. It's 42 acres of woodland and open areas. The dog is delighted to run in and out of woodlands and disappear into the undergrowth - he is off the lead except when at the car park.

It's familiar territory for him. Even though we haven't been there for over a month, he knows his way around.

Again, thanks all for the kind wishes.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2017, 05:51 PM
A less than flattering pic of my big hairy beast.....

Soft and fluffy...and he really does have two ears...........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
It's familiar territory for him. Even though we haven't been there for over a month, he knows his way around.
Yes I also believe that dogs know where they are and also remember certain things, of course the smells play such a big part in their recognition.

Shingles is not nice, my Dad had it, and they never were able to say what caused it.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes I also believe that dogs know where they are and also remember certain things, of course the smells play such a big part in their recognition.

Shingles is not nice, my Dad had it, and they never were able to say what caused it.
I keep saying it. Max is a gem and very sharp.And learning. We had another A&E trip today for a flare up. He just knows he can't go. Quite how, I don't know. When he was a bit younger (he's still just three) he would make sure he was first to the gate. Now, he lies in the back garden and waits........and he is effusive and affectionate when we return.

It's a learning curve on both sides. As a dog owner, I think one ought to be aware of that.

And yes, the shingles is not nice. Can take three months or more for the side effects to get gone I was told today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 05:01 AM
I think his coat is beautiful. Hope you get better really soon. Dogs are very understanding.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I think his coat is beautiful. Hope you get better really soon. Dogs are very understanding.
Thank you on both counts, Brenda.
And yes, he is.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Can I ask how long have you had Max? And how old was he when you got him?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >