Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Morning all

Sorry, not been on for ages. Been a busy couple of weeks.

As usual, cadets has kept me busy as has being at work. Been at courses for work and been with the primary 4/5's for most of the week. Was a lot of fun. I loved the Big Writing course, it's getting back to basics and stressing the importance of neat writing, good spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.

It is so nice to see that coming back, spelling has always been my bugbear in schools, I hate bad spelling. We saw how bad spelling was in secondary, the first years coming in were really bad.

Anyway, today is swimming for Davie, while I go to the gym. I've entered the half marathon for next year on behalf of Prostate Cancer Scotland. So hoping I can raise at least £100 for the charity, we lost my Great Uncle, and my Aunt's father to the cancer, as well as my second cousin's husband suffering from it at the moment. So that is the plan

This evening is walk Dougal, then ironing pile is being tackled!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Eileen - as you had been so helpful when my bedside drawer came out but I could not get it back in, I thought you should know that I finally did it!

Well, got it back in properly I mean!

I had done what you told me, ie take out the bottom drawer [there are only two drawers], put the top one back, then the bottom one - or something.

Nothing worked. Bottom one went back perfectly, top one did not.

So I gave up for a while [forgot to ask Nir when he was here] and tried again. Took out everything from both drawers, took out both drawers, checked nothing behind/underneath...

Put back bottom drawer, put back top drawer and it went in perfectly!

Put back first the things in the bottom drawer, closed it, then the things in the top drawer, closed it...

...and it closed!

Oh, and I found the missing pair of black cropped leggings but they were not in a drawer, they were somehow in with my winter pjs on one of the cupboards.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Thank you to those who have donated so far. You know who you are

Malka, so glad you sorted out your drawer problem...nothing worse than drawers that won't behave

Davie and I have agreed that he will go swimming and I will go to the gym. The running machine beckons me.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Good to see you LORE
Well done MALKA good to hear the drawer saga is finally over
Just booked our flights to San Fran in May for nephews wedding God willing OH and I are heading for a week,whole drinking eating adult holiday Youngest has exams then( really important) so it's just us two
Off for a quick bath,then shopping apparently no idea what he's after now but I'll tag along
Catch ya later xx
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Afternoon all,

Lousy day here bucketing down, lost all power and have got cystitis. All going well then.
Off to get some cranberry juice.

See ya later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, well the pup is officially ours! she has begun her vaccinations and is now called Deagan.....it is gaelic for dark haired... she is white but we were struggling for a name we liked starting with D and dakota was called deagan but my old girl diesel got confused. Dakota is being a star with her, they love playing bitey face but pin teeth are putting scabs on kota so i am watching that.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Deagan love that
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 12:30 PM
thanks Lacey.......i have no idea why all our pets are d's Lol
the DW loaned us some vet bed that i have to return, i have bought some but it is different and she is pulling it to bits, the one i need is "fluffy" the one i have bought is smooth grey original vet bed, does anyone know where i can get the fluffy type.. it is blue with white paw prints
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Afternoon everyone. Popped out for breakfast and bought a few bits now its raining.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Settle yourself FL I made pie,spuds and carrots and peas for lunch I had veg quiche instead OH said it was divine,so I made him fill the dishwasher
Nice going out for brekky isn't LYNN,ok so what bits and bobs did you get?
Deagan,the wee monkey,pulling her bed apart how quickly she'll grow GRIFF and you'll forget she ever did it
Doesn't look we're doing much today..oldest did mention the need to go to the shopping center( with my purse,no doubt ) but I don't think I'll bother then again,that could change in an hour or so.Don't need anything at the mo
Off out with the Princess,its sunny so hopefully Duncan will grace us with his presence
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »