View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 03:41 PM
LOL at the cake cos that is even if I remember to ask dave to stop off at the garage to buy it tomorrow it's the thought that counts with me rather than the actual vent

Blimey June, sounds like you were living my worst nightmare on that walk of yours Zena will sit next to me and ignore all confrontatioms, lunges and barking episodes, but it's not her I worry about, it's the numpties on the end of those other leads isn't it and what can happen if they get pulled over or have to let their dogs go From now on, zena is gonna have to defend herself cos I'll be letting her go, on ALL dogs that make a bee-line to launch an attack on her now that I've got first hand experience of pitting my strength against one 40kg dog and I lost, so if something goes for her now, I shall drop the lead if and when it's on her, I'm not risking me neck ever again against a cat or an out of control dog. Funny cos dave did the same at the week-end with those 2 vizla's that are intent on having another pop at her. He said he saw the nasty one charging over, but as it got near with zena sitting down nicely by the side of him as I have taught her to do, he unclipped the lead, she chased it off with its tail between its legs, but he said as soon as he called her back she u-turned immediately and came back to him without having to finish the job off, I was over the moon about that cos in the past, she would have had it,especially as it's already been over once for a fight when I had pulled zena back and away from it lol. I don't think it will be bothering us again He did the same with the 2 pointers testerday, who came charging past him out of nowhere, their owner miles away. One of them had a go at us once, and again I had put Zena onlead, let it approach her, and all hell kicked off, they were fighting like a pair of kangaroo's both on their hind legs, but of course I was a hindrance to zena cos I pulled her away from him as the other owner came running over to apologise and grab her dog. Zena gave chase to it yesterday when they appeared behind her at great speed cos he had no time to do anything else but call her back, and he said she came back immediately, although he also said she would never have caught them You be careful please June when you have 2 strong dogs on the end of leads with impending danger, just let 'em go if any of these stupid dogs gets loose on you. Jeesus Christ to having 4 on the end of leads, although my friends have 5 gsd's all linked together each side of her as she walks down my road and she's the size of Kylie. I really must get a pic of them doing this one day because it is sooo funny to see her with the 5 (3 one side and 2 the other) and Tony walking behind with just the ONE Who needs a man I said to her one day when passing

Rose, yes of course, elbow up on right arm, key underneath in left hand you are far in advance of me, but then I'm only 2 weeks in since the op remember

Hi DD don't work too hard today and I expect you're one of those people who is eating breakfast on their commute this morning At least you know nobody can bump into you and knock it flying, but then there is Daisy of course, but she probably has her reasons, she likes the clearing up

Lynn if you're burying a key don't forget to plastic bag it first I did it once and it was unusable when I needed to get it. Remember the time I locked myself out the back in my skimpy jim jams and had to walk past the builders next door to get up to my friend's house for the spare oh lordy, I never had to do that again, you can only learn through big mistakes I s'pose.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Helena I will have to read through that lot a bit later as my beans on toast will go cold (how the rich live eh?)

ALFI is perking up. And that's all I care about today! I have my priorities in order and all my marbles in a row!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2014, 04:42 PM
This post is going to be very controversial but I feel I need to post it.

I have noticed in this thread today some sniping other threads today there has been a lot of bickering.

Firstly I do not like the daily thread being drawn into this and I know Helena doesn't. As I am doing this on my own at the moment while Helena is out of action I would appreciate a little more thought for my one man band operation and keep the daily going in the way it is meant. Light hearted banter.
I know Rose has helped out and Nippy Jen tried and we posted at the same time.
If anyone has a worry or problem of course we don't mind it being aired but I would prefer not to have the bickering and school playground attitude.

I would also like to see less of it on the other threads too it certainly does not make it pleasant or somewhere you particularly want to be when its like that.

If some are offended or do not like my post I am sorry but I am not liking many of the posts today.

Ok now lets get back on track. We don't all have to agree but we can maybe be a little more polite about things. Or better still ignore what you don't like.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 04:45 PM
HELENA. My key is in a tiny plastic storage box & then it's put in a plastic cash bag before I bury it. It's only just under the soil so I don't have to dig far for it. I daren't mention a key safe box or there would be a 3rd degree. I remembered to take it with me today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2014, 04:47 PM
You don't need a 3rd degree Lynne. Gold star for remembering the key.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 05:02 PM
I have never thought about burying a key - you ladies are SO smart...

We need a key to lock our doors, the amount of times I have had to turn around and come back to make sure I have locked them *rolls eyes*

Work is VERY quiet this morning.. *yawn* tempted to potter off back to bed with those lazy doglets - the dangers of working from home!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 05:09 PM
This is what I get for not keeping up Key?whats that about then
LYNN,good for you for speaking your mind even though I have no idea what you're talking about ((hugs))Really need to rewind and go back to the start,after I've finished ploughing the lawn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Are you planning on planting crops this year in the lawn if your ploughing.
I am a little cross one very respected member is very upset today and I really don't want the playground attitude on here its bad enough elsewhere.
If it continues there will be no more daily thread from me.
Oh go on go back to bed Debbie.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I'll sort them LYNN,have no fear,Duffers is here
Not really ploughing it,just my corner plot,getting de-weeded and ready for heaven know's what...but I'll sleep on it...not the plot...what to do with it
Sun has gone
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I'll sort them LYNN,have no fear,Duffers is here
Not really ploughing it,just my corner plot,getting de-weeded and ready for heaven know's what...but I'll sleep on it...not the plot...what to do with it
Sun has gone
I thought we had decided and you were getting chickens

And LYNN, I agree the bickering and back biting is quite tiresome!! it is all over the forum lately!! *sigh* maybe I should join in to lighten my day!!
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »