Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Emotionally exhausted!

Exhausted isn't the word!

We had to let our wee man, Elroy, go on Wednesday. Spent most of that night up crying, it was horrible lying in the bed without him by my side.

Thursday I pull myself together and take Willow for a walk. On the way home a young female rottie (cross?) comes bounding across four lanes of busy traffic to say hello to us. At first Willow objects, but once she realises it's a (ok, large) pup she just starts to play with it.

We get home and it waltzes on into the house with us, cheeky beggar.

She's chipped, but only name and address of owner on it. Address is vacant, so owner clearly not updated it. So madam has spent the night here. She was restless and needed the bathroom a few times.

Very much a puppy behaviour wise, keeping both me and Willow on my toes.

She's a lovely dog, and we will keep her here till we can trace the owner. But a selfish part of me just wants to mourn the passing of my wee man; yet finding her a welcome distraction for a few days.

I'm so tired and confused! (And also rambling!)

I've reported her to the dog warden, local vet, local lost and found/rescue pages on [a social network], radio. Just need to find the energy to do up some posters and get them printed at the library. If anyone can think of anything else I could be doing, or were else to put her details, let me know! it's hard to think straight.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2013, 10:37 AM
HUGS, I am so sorry about Elroy but maybe he was so happy with you he has sent you this baby, you will be surprised just how often that happens, I have had it happen to me.

You have done all you can so get some rest, with a pup like this you may need it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear you lost your lovely Elroy. I think you've already gone above and beyond what is expected to try to reunite this dog with it's owners. (And I'd have thought the owners would have been putting up posters in and around their now vacant address and elsewhere). Maybe relax a bit now and wait and see?
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
HUGS, I am so sorry about Elroy but maybe he was so happy with you he has sent you this baby, you will be surprised just how often that happens, I have had it happen to me.

You have done all you can so get some rest, with a pup like this you may need it.
Thank you. Funnily enough, that's just what my Mum said to me (and she's not even a doggy person).

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Sorry to hear you lost your lovely Elroy. I think you've already gone above and beyond what is expected to try to reunite this dog with it's owners. (And I'd have thought the owners would have been putting up posters in and around their now vacant address and elsewhere). Maybe relax a bit now and wait and see?
Thanks. I'd be distraught if it was mine that was missing.

I'm gonna go get a shower and take her for a walk, perhaps someone might recognise her.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Just be careful that the right person claims her. Someone might say it is theirs when it is not. Make sure they can confirm previous address
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of Elroy.........a terrible time The poor lost soul that you have taken in is at least in a comfortable and loving home for now, so even if the worst comes to the worst and she is not claimed then I know that there will be a happy ending to this thread.

Sometimes fate throws something good into the mix of life - perhaps this is that something? Even if she is claimed, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have done a really good deed.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Just be careful that the right person claims her. Someone might say it is theirs when it is not. Make sure they can confirm previous address
Yes, I've been careful not to mention some details about the dog online and will be requiring proof before handing her over to anyone.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am so sorry for your loss of Elroy.........a terrible time The poor lost soul that you have taken in is at least in a comfortable and loving home for now, so even if the worst comes to the worst and she is not claimed then I know that there will be a happy ending to this thread.

Sometimes fate throws something good into the mix of life - perhaps this is that something? Even if she is claimed, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have done a really good deed.
Aye, I'd hate to think of one of mine out lost and wandering the streets. I'd like to think someone would take them in and try to find me.

We took Willow and the lodger out to walk today where wee Elroy had his last walk just last week. So emotional. If anyone had told me then he'd be gone within the week I'd have decked them!

So many mixed emotions right now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Yes, I've been careful not to mention some details about the dog online and will be requiring proof before handing her over to anyone.

Aye, I'd hate to think of one of mine out lost and wandering the streets. I'd like to think someone would take them in and try to find me.

We took Willow and the lodger out to walk today where wee Elroy had his last walk just last week. So emotional. If anyone had told me then he'd be gone within the week I'd have decked them!

So many mixed emotions right now!
I can imagine. After I lost my beloved old Cavvy it was the favourite walking spots that were the hardest for me to bear seeing or being at - just so used to seeing her pottering there in front of me.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Maybe Elroy headed the puppy in your direction knowing that you'd look after and care for her. There will be plenty of time to mourn Elroy's passing and I reckon this visitor has come at a great time as the first few days your emotions will be so raw. (((hugs))).

Have to registered the puppy on the DogLost website. There is a RottieX female puppy from North West (half way down on first page of doglost.co.uk). Take a look at the photo in case she was stolen and then escaped or was dumped in N.Ireland .... unlikely I know but worth taking a look.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Of course you've no way of knowing HOW LONG she's been away from her 'real' owners (they might have given up looking). Someone else might have taken her in before you found her. She does look well cared for.

I've only ever had a dog go 'missing' once in my life. My GSD and we thought she must have been 'taken' from the back garden.

I contacted EVERYWHERE that you possibly could to try to track down my dog. I knocked on about 3 thousand doors in the vicinity. Put up photos and everything.

She came home on her own. Panting and heaving and looking the worse for wear and COVERED IN COBWEBS!

Police said she looked just like she'd been shut up in an old cobwebby, dusty outside shed and managed to get out and find her way back to us.

If she hadn't managed to do that - all my efforts would have been to no avail because whoever took her was obviously planning to keep her (but not in the manner to which she had become accustomed).

Your 'stray dog' however looks in tip top form. Cannot imagine she's been without loving care for very long.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >