View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I think it usually takes at least a week or so for the ashes to come back H. I wouldn't worry about letting Zena sniff them etc as I don't think they will smell of Georgie.

The walk with the other two GSDs sounds fab I am sure it will do you all the world of good. I look forward to the pics. Just wish I could join you. xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Such sad news honey. He'll be with both of our Cassies now. xxxxx
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh Helena,Not been around so much lately so i've only just seen this,
I'm so so sorry for your loss,Bless your heart,Georgie was such a special boy and one in a million,Run free at the bridge handsome man,
Thinking of you both,lots of love to you xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 07:12 PM
How are you H? xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 07:40 PM
thanks all for your lovely messages and yes Jackie, both our Cassie's will be vying for old Georgieboy's attention, but his heart is big enough for two.xxx

Hi Kirsty. Doing ok thankyou. There are times when I miss him so much, especially as I just groomed Zena, he always managed to push his way in so that he'd get done first, coz he just adored being brushed, he'd go upside down, or get up and roll over the other way in an instant so I could do the other side, unlike this other little madam who is only just learning to like it all, but the squeaky ball helps! I wish I could brush him again It's all so strange without him about in this house now, all I'm left with are the memories

Zena is quite remarkable now, she doesn't look for him anymore, she seems quite happy, but then Dave is about over the week-end, so she's been helping him with his outdoor chores, so kept occupied, plus her walks, so no time for her to dwell.

I can't wait for her to meet up with Fiona with her two shepherds, especially as they're males, you never know, she might fall in love again!

got a lovely card from the vets today, I'm glad they left that for a few days. Got some flowers from a friend and a lovely card from Claire on here (Lilypup) which of course, set me all off again. I'm actually dreading getting that box now, whereas I thought it would bring me closure, it won't, it'll stir it all up again I just know it, it'll bring it all home how final it all is and I won't be able to cuddle him ever again. Quite honestly Kirsty, it's all pretty pants isn't it I thought about fostering prior to rescuing, seen a lovely little spaniel where I got Georgie from, so you never know. Thanks for asking, I'm much better than I was mid-week, but it's still very raw for us.xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I feel so bad for you.
Hugs Helen.
xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Glad to hear you are coping H. It does seem to come in waves doesn't it and the silliest little things remind you of what you have lost and start you off again. I know, I have been there myself

Dogs do seem to live "in the now", and certainly most seem to get over the loss of a companion quite quickly and easily. They don't dwell on things like we do.

I have always found that the ashes do bring closure, but because they don't come until a week or so after that dreadful day, that it really does stir all the emotions up again. However, after the day you collect them, things do start to get easier.

Hugs honey .... pants is definitely the word for it
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Helena.... Hope you are feeling 'okay'. Sorry, can't think of another word.... coz there isn't another word 'fitting'.

It's Big Molly's 1st Anniversary at Easter Monday, and I still struggle with little memories of her......

Like I said.... You will never get over it... You will just get used to it.

Light your candle Honey.

I still light one every night for my mum. Whilst that candle is aflame.... they are still here.... alive.. not just in my heart.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm glad you're feeling just that little bit better, Helena.

It's the emptiness that is so hard to deal with - they fill up such a space in our lives, don't they. Not just around the home, but around our hearts and our very being.

I've no doubt that Zena is the biggest help to you at the moment. That little girl will keep you busy and will make sure that she takes all the love you give her - giving oodles of it back in return, of course. Georgie would have wanted that for you both, I'm sure xxxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Have only just caught your thread.

So very sorry that you've lost Georgie but at the same time, pleased for Georgie that he is now at peace without any pain or discomfort, racing about with Cassie and all the other doggie friends he has at the bridge.

You've said how you are an it's good that you're feeling a little better at times. How is Dave? Is he bearing up OK? I suppose Zena is keeping him busy just as much as her helping him means she can't think about it oo much either.

Take care of yourself, Dave and Zena too. You all need each other right now. xx
Page 29 of 31 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 >