Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the real question should be why would someone want to waste boxing day trawling around shops
Sad people thats who!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by jols View Post
Oh sorry I forgot about the poor people working Mon to Sat.............ha ha ha

How do you think people did their shopping ''in the past'' they got up of they bums and did it when the shops were open.
Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean? You're a cracker, you. Do you really live in the real world or are you from a period drama from the television? Telling people to move house "just like that"? If only life was that easy for us all!

I work Saturdays because I want to learn something new and need to make a living. What's wrong with that? Would you rather I sat on my **** and claimed benefits? I don't think so.

We aren't living "in the past", much to your dismay, we are living in the present and it's about time you realised that.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

To be honest Jols when the shops didn't open on Sundays and Bank Holidays they were the days of women not having to work like my mum. I only worked part time when I first married so had time to shop in the week many women are not afforded that luxury now I am afraid.

I would like to see things go back the way they were when I was younger I don't care what anyone says life was not so stressful as it is now but it ain't gonna happen so we have to adjust. Like it or not.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:17 AM
We all have different opinions and I have shared mine and thank you all for sharing yours.
Oh, I notice you've just changed your post to "thank" us for our opinions. Just as well I quoted it beforehand!

Get real, Jols.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Sad people thats who!
Really? That's some opinion of yours...yet again!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:18 AM
With regards to "getting up of our bums" and shopping when the shops are open. Some of us are at work when these shops are open and our only option to go are Sundays!

You say that as if we're all sat on our arses! Many of us aren't, many of us are working!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean? You're a cracker, you. Do you really live in the real world or are you from a period drama from the television? Telling people to move house "just like that"? If only life was that easy for us all!

I work Saturdays because I want to learn something new and need to make a living. What's wrong with that? Would you rather I sat on my **** and claimed benefits? I don't think so.

We aren't living "in the past", much to your dismay, we are living in the present and it's about time you realised that.
Sorry I deleted what I wrote but you were too fast for me

I believe life is what people make it and there are an awful lot of moaning minnies in this country.

If the shops were not open would you starve or would you make sure you had what you needed even if you had to shop when you were tired.

Most supermarkets are open 24 hours a day................during the week.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Sad people thats who!
Wow!

Are you really from this planet or is this a wind up?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:22 AM

I believe life is what people make it and there are an awful lot of moaning minnies in this country.

If the shops were not open would you starve or would you make sure you had what you needed even if you had to shop when you were tired.
Yes, I did realise you deleted it!

Life is what people make it and I'm not moaning, thanks very much! I'm doing what I need to do to get by. That's real life.

It's the folk who choose not to work when they are perfectly capable of working who I have a problem with. Perhaps you should moan about them instead, rather than the folk who work Sundays!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Most supermarkets are open 24 hours a day................during the week.
Clothes shops etc aren't. And not everyone wants to go to or uses Tesco.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »