Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Waterloo Road filming!

Waterloo Road are filming the whole of their next series in my hometown of Greenock this year.

They're currently on location at my work right now and their toilets, catering van and cast and crew dining bus are currently parked outside our window!

No cast as yet but they're waiting on them to start filming.

Exciting!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Exciting. I love Waterloo Road.

I'm a bit confused about the move though. Are they purely moving location for whatever reason and pretending its still Rochdale? or are they moving all the current cast up to Scotland? how are they going to explain that...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post

I'm a bit confused about the move though. Are they purely moving location for whatever reason and pretending its still Rochdale? or are they moving all the current cast up to Scotland? how are they going to explain that...
It's just Nicola she attracts all the stars
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 10:52 AM
The head of the school (actor Alex Newman) moves to Scotland to a new school and the staff go with him, I think, no idea what the rest of the storyline involves!

It's great for my hometown though!

Filming started last month and I think they're here until December.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It's just Nicola she attracts all the stars
Well, what can I say, Jen?

Us Scots are the best!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post

From what I've read the will move a handful of cast and move to scotland as Michael Byrne accepts the job offer from his former self made millionaire pupil. I think he takes key staff and a handful of pupils and sets them up in a boarding school type accommodation.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I wonder if they're transporting the cooler up to Scotland - always amused me that the most "needy" kids would meekly trott off in response to a "cooler... now!" (Anyone who's worked in schools will know what I mean)
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 08:59 AM
How exciting!!
I remember when I used to work at The Royal Liverpool Hospital and they filmed an episode of "Peak Practice" (remember that?!!) in our day room as it had a great view of Liverpool from the window coz it was on the 9th floor. It was an episode where one of the stars of the show (Gary Mavers) had to go home to Liverpool as his dad or mum was ill.
I had to take a patient to the operating theatre for a kidney transplant and they made me wait whilst they reshot a scene!! It was really exciting though!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I wonder if they're transporting the cooler up to Scotland - always amused me that the most "needy" kids would meekly trott off in response to a "cooler... now!" (Anyone who's worked in schools will know what I mean)
I would imagine they would be having a cooler up here. It's probably more needed up here than down there!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
How exciting!!
I remember when I used to work at The Royal Liverpool Hospital and they filmed an episode of "Peak Practice" (remember that?!!) in our day room as it had a great view of Liverpool from the window coz it was on the 9th floor. It was an episode where one of the stars of the show (Gary Mavers) had to go home to Liverpool as his dad or mum was ill.
I had to take a patient to the operating theatre for a kidney transplant and they made me wait whilst they reshot a scene!! It was really exciting though!
Yes, I can just about remember Peak Practice!

Imagine making a kidney transplant patient wait though!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >