Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2013, 06:02 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread - Wednesday

Having been up most of the night I thought I might as well start today's thread and wish everyone Good Morning and hope you all have a lovely day!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Morning Malka and fellow members,

Sorry you've had a bad night Malka and hope you can catch up on some sleep today.

I'm taking Rucksack to the vet at 9.45 for a chat about him being castrated. So many questions because like Greyhounds they don't do well will anaesthetic.

I hope you all have a good day.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning Malka, morning all,

Looks like it's just you and me up early this morning Malka, hope you and Pereg are well.

Still not feeling great, stopped feeling sick but still got a vague headache lurking and not leaving me alone. However Davie is still feeling woozy and horrible so he's not in school.

I'm back to work today, have no idea what I'm doing. I know I have an English class at one point, that's about it.

Have a nice day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Malka, Jenny, Lorraine and everyone

Sorry you had such a bad night Malka, but hopefully, if they're not making a racket outside you can catch up throughout the day.

Good luck at the vet's Jenny, hope he gives you the answers you want to hear about Rucksack and the castration. I think it's a pretty quick procedure in males, so hopefully, he won't have to be under for very long. I remember when the vet used to come up to the yard to castrate the horses, it was done in 5 mins and the horses were always standing up, so only under a light sedation. I'm sure you're worried sick though.xxx

Had a good night even though the wind was howling and the rain was torrential and Zena's still in bed, hasn't even asked to go out yet. I'm still not 100% happy with her atm, but I do remember last time she was on all this medication it took a few days for her to bounce back properly. It's only certain times she goes funny on me and it's not for long, but I'm sure my vet knows what he's doing as he always does.

I don't know whether to get the big van done and dusted today as the journalists went home last night, or whether to go to Asda and forget the van till tomorrow I'll see what I feel like when I've been for my morning walk. Not looking forward to that either having just watched the forecast, it's heading our way again.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, can't remember anything about yesterday, but then I'm old dontchaknow. Enjoy your Wednesday
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Jenny - I did not know that Tibbies had problems with anaesthesia - but does castration take that long that Rucksack would have to be under for any length of time? My Vet would not let me stay while first Little One and then Pereg were spayed [because he was mean!] but I did stay [and do the numbers watching] while LO twice had dental work while under a GA.

Lorraine - sorry to hear that both you and Davie are still not feeling too good, and wish you both better.

I am not sure what is up with me - I was feeling a bit bleugh yesterday but nothing major, but woke feeling very bleugh when Da Booga wanted to go out, and could not get back to sleep. So I eventually decided to get up and do a ketchup on Dogsey!

Maybe I will fit a nap in sometime today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Morning Malka, Jenny, Lorraine and Helena.

Sorry you have had a bad night Malka. I hope you manage to get a nanny nap later today.
Jenny good luck at the vet today with your questions.
Wishing you and Davie well soon Lorraine.
Decisions decisions Helena. I hope Zena perks up soon.
Pat good luck to Mart at physio today.

I was up at half five for Dillon who seems to have a rather explosive bottom today. Might of been the steamed white fish I gave him last night. I hope it clears up during today and tomorrow Gorden will be transporting him to the cottage Friday and won't really won't to stop along the A14 and you can't stop on the M11 except for emergencies.
I have been dozing on and off on the sofa and then had Michael to sort for getting out to work. Gorden is off now till next Wednesday.

I will be popping on and off but we have loads to do now so I may not be around as much. Of course after Friday it may be a few days while waiting for internet connection.
And no still not feeling excited.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Malka and all,

Sorry you have not had a good night malka, I hope you can get some sleep during the day and catch up a bit.

Jenny good Luck at the vets. I know the worry well with anesthetics after having greyhounds, Castration is very quick though and I am sure your vet can put your mind at rest regarding Rucksack. I thought it was only greyhounds and whippets that had problems due to having no body fat. Didn't realise there were other breeds like that out there.

Lorraine hope you and davie feel better soon.

Lynn I hope Dillons tummy settles soon. Has Gordon found somewhere to stay at night for when he returns to work next week?.

I hope this rain soon disappears as the forecast said it was going to be lovely from mid morning and I am just doing my final load of washing to go out later. There is stacks of it.
I have to work for 2 hours this morning and then back to hopefully get washing out and then I am meeting up with my greyhound friend Avril so we can sort a route at Alton Water for another greyhound walk we have orgasnised on 3rd Nov. As I am now dogless I will bring a couple of homeless hounds from the kennels on the walk.

Hope you all have a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Bev. No not yet Michael is in London from Friday staying with his girlfriend. He is going to look at somewhere Saturday ring Gorden to discuss it and then if its any good Gorden will do the paperwork Wednesday. Until the house sale goes through and the funds left over released we are not able to pay the deposit or rent. We have paid a small amount to have the spare funds released the same day as sale. At this rate it will all be gone by Saturday.
The walk sounds nice and it will be nice to e able to give a homeless couple a stroll out.
Bet you come home with one or more.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Lore - Sorry you are still not feeling 100%, I just hope the children are 'kind' to you today in class and that Davie is feeling fine shortly. So many bugs going round.
Helena - I hope Zena doesn't give you any more signs for concern. I know the amount of anaesthetic is
minimal for castration but the breeder tells all his new owners that Isoflurane must be used and a lower than average dose as apparently TT's aren't good at the 'coming round' out of anaesthesia if they have the standard weight to meds ratio. Internet seems to back that up too . Rucksack's balls are still weeny due to the Lorien chip, so that's the reason of doing it while he's still got some months of the hormone suppressant in him. Good luck if you do the van today ... as you say the forecast isn't too good.
Lynn - OMG I hope Dillon's rear end sorts itself out quickly ..... Friday would be even more stressful if he is still upset. I had another look at your lovely cottage last night and it really is lovely. At least Dillon will be able to race around in the large garden. Good luck today with all the sorting etc to be done.
Bev - The problem isn't lack of fat like greyhounds although Rucksack is very very lean .... I have real trouble keeping weight on him as he is so intolerant to so many foods. Have fun with your friend sorting another greys walk out.

Off to take the dogs out for a quick walk before heading off to the vet which is about 8 miles away (their main branch). I'll pop back in mid morning.
Meg
Supervisor

23-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Good morning fellow members dark and wet again this morning and I am feeling really tired after a week of sleeping badly.

Hannah is with me for the morning then I have a few child free days to catch up on things I hope .

Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »