View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm so glad Diesel is ok but how terrifying for all of you. It amazes me how anyone can not be affected by any type of dog attack. I saw a Border Terrier attack a Scottie at a show and it took 3 people to get the dog to release his grip. The owner was just completely unbothered by the whole thing! It makes me feel sick to see any kind of dog aggression. Hugs to you both and I hope these idiots are found and punished. xxx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks, I also don't know how people can stand by and watch, it just doesn't make sense, where is their human emotion?

For good news though, we do have another couple of updates though, as these ones are positive again.

Yesterday I managed to have a meeting with the town clerk, the photos of his injuries were printed off as evidence which the town clerk took to his meeting with the police concerning Diesel's attack and others too. I was also told that one of the attacks was a pair of Staffies (including one brown and white one) and with that attack almost £500 worth of damage was done to the poor dog, I don't know what injuries that one has, but I'm betting a lot , and theres also a theory that because of the notices in the local herald and people talking that they are walking their dogs separetly to try and get away with it, but if they are it wont be long, as apparently I've been told the town clerk knows where they live, so fingers crossed.

I also walked to the vets yesterday and asked if they could email a report of Diesels appoitment, including his injuries etc to the town clerk to be used as evidence, I don't know if it will help, but hopefully it will, and I've got to say, I am so thankful for the vets, they have done so much to help with Diesel, and as it was quiet yesterday (I took the dogs, its only a mile walk each way, with a farmers field where dogs are allowed around the edge, and another field area near town, so Honey was let off, and Diesel was allowed on the 12ft lead) and before I said who I was the vet reconisged him and asked how he was, and he was just happy to get a bit more fuss bless him.

I did however on the way back met up with a lady who has a hound (she thinks Grey, and the dog came from Dogs trust, but I think that theres some Saluki in there) and we got to talking, and she has a friend whose dog was attacked it sounds like by the same dog, that one was a little terrier, and was for want of a better word savaged by the other dog, and nearly died, but thankfully is ok now, but as you can imagine the vet bill is huge, but the owners, although they know the owners of the dog are too scared to report it because of what the other dog owners may do, but I've said to the woman (who said that she is angry at her friend for not reporting it) to try and get them to go to the town clerk, if only to have the dogs injuries logged if nothing else, as she said that the dog that attacked the terrier is known to the owners to be aggressive, but it was still allowed to happen.

But I have to say, with the amount of people looking for them, and the people who know where certain dogs live, if it is the same one that attacked Diesel I'm more cofident of the dog being caught, and if it isn't if the people hear about other dog owners being done, maybe they will do something to stop their dog attacking again.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6