Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 07:45 PM

wireless - help!!!

ok so i got an orange wireless box which is connected etc - i got the adaptor which is in my computer

installed everthing - have been with orange for god knows how long - well over ayear - 6 months or so in this house

anyhooo

so it says on the wireles box that it is connected yet i cant get onto msn or the internet in generally

ive come to the conclusion that computers hate me lol rung orange helpline and they were useless

anyone???
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Whad'ya mean, a wireless box ? a router ?
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 12:27 AM
SIlly question, have you tried unplugging the router/wireless box, and then switched on.

Also have you changed any settings at all
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 07:16 AM
OH dear looks like you have got a wrong one here from the reading i have done about this problem that seems quite common with the wireless side of the Orange live box Ethernet is fine.

I have only come across a solution to it so i will post it so you can try it out.

POSTED BY irjimbob From PC Adviser

I had this same problem and spent many hours trying to solve and finally got it working. I had the problem of my wifi card finding the network and then when it tried to connect it started searching for networks again and started at the beginning so i was no better off. I found this worked quite well:

1. Go to run and type services.msc and find windows zero configuration and start that so that you can access the wireless network menu in windows.

2. Hard reset the wireless box by unplugging everything from it including the power and wait 30 seconds and reinsert only the power cable while holding down the 1 button on the back and it should reset the box. After reinsert all the cables.

3. Wire connect a computer to it and type 192.168.1.1 into your browser and click on access configuration in the orange writing at the bottom of the page and login using the default name and password of "admin" and "admin". Then go to configuration on the left and advanced and change the security to WEP only (i tried WPA and it didn't work). Click confirm or whatever it is and wait for a minute while the box resets.

4. Then look at the bottom of your box and add the WEP key to windows just like usual and everything should work hunky dorie. (well it did for me anyway)

Hope this helps,

Jamie
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 09:12 AM
hi as was said plug in a lan cable type in 192.168.1.1 it should ask you for a name and password name is usualy admin and the password the same some use 1234 have a look in the book what you have with it i dont know the orange box but you should have something like a menue goto wireless leave it open and allow all then see if you can connect or even see the name that is under broadcast name mark it show name if you have trouble getting in it with a cable all fiewalls OFF and there is a small hole in the back you can reset it back to factory settings i have done most makes and with the automatic setup for adsl is normally no problem all you need from the provider is the name and password, if your computer card is installed ok then you should see the wireless station the most important is software first install then restart then the card if it is a laptop the adsl settings for uk are PPOA or you can use ppoe the Vpi/VCI 0/38 and vc you should all that from your provider with an instruction book if you want to send me an e.mail and i will give it to you step by step they all work just installed wrong