Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2006, 12:29 PM

Help with wireless set up

Just like to say hope you are all having a happy christmas.

I'm not lol ive been struggling to get wireless set up all day yesterday and this morning to no avail

I thought it was going to be so easy lol i have my main computer downstairs in livenroom and have brought a D- Link Air Plus G54 Wireless g kit that includes a DWL G122 wireless g usb 2.0 adaptor that the bloke in curry's said i could install on daughters pc upstairs and a seperate usb dongle for sons room, ive inserted disc inserted all ethernet cables etc with all necessary lights flashing on the router and on my telewest surfboard sb500 cable modem.

But when it comes to the what type of internet connection i'm using ive tried all 4 and then a username and password screen pops up i assumed here that these would be from my isp provider and having searched the house have found them that came with my disc but i get a contact your isp provider and my internet connection drops.

Have since found on the bottom of router in small letters that by default my username is admin and to leave password blank so have tried this aswell and still no luck does anybody have any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong or will i need to contact telewest.

I would really appreciate some expert advice on this one as my kids are driving me mad to have net in there rooms as it was part of there xmas present.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi -the username and password are the ones you used when you registered with your provider - it allows the router to 'tune' into your account

The default 'admin' account is for the router and is what you use to log into to change settings if you have problems
hth
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I take it that your modem/ router is wireless.

The D Link cards and USB ones do not work with the windows standard wireless set up you will have to use the D Link software to set it up.
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks to all that replied but i have finally done it i'm using daughters computer at the moment just giving it a once over.