register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2006, 10:46 PM
That is lovely, well done and keep on getting those ribbons.
why is her dad got a KC ban, is it on another thread?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Brilliant news and very well done x
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks again everyone i think i posted ages ago bout the kc thing but i have since heard more, but basically... her dad is kc registered but only as a pet (her mum is kc and breedable) and so any of his pup's can't be kc as he is 'pet only' the breeder and owners of my kodi's siblings have all tried to get the ban lifted but the breeder has now given in with husky and does shiba's. but they said he had the breeding ban because they didn't want the line continued (even though great lines) but my breeder found out that a friend had 'kodi's uncle/aunty' and they have been allowed to breed from it!?
and so i want the ban lifted so that i can race and show kodi properly as without kc registering she cant race for the SHCGB
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Well done you must be thrilled
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Glad you did well in the show,great fun isn't it ??

Do you mean her sire had 'progeny not to be registered ' on its K.C certificates?
If the person that bought and owned the sire knew this and was made fully aware by the breeder upon purchasing the dog,it will be very hard to get it lifted,Most breeders usually state this to a potential owner or it is written into the contract,generally its to protect the breed from irresponsible breeding as you probably know.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm very confused!
I wasn't aware that any dog could be registered "pet only", just the endorsement about progeny as tink says, but this has nothing to do with being able to show at KC events. To be described as a "ban" I would expect there to be a problem such as the registration of the parents found out after registration of the puppies (therefore void) or as a consequence of an incident or behaviour situation, (dog or owner I think!) as you can get banned from showing for that, and the offspring are banned too from what I understand, but my knowledge of this is somewhat limited. I am in no way suggesting that anything like this is the case, just explaining why I am confused! Not difficult these days though!
Good luck anyway.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
No........I'm confused too Deccy
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Hi I too am confused and I am not trying to rain on your paradade, but I awlays thought that if a puppy was registered as "Pet only" it could only be shown at companion dog shows and pet shows and was not elligible for entry at Limited, open or championship shows. Perhaps you mean only Companion shows and I have got the wrong end of the stick , if so I apologise in advance.
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Well congratulations anyway - sounds like you had a lovely day.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >