View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Oh dear Moyra its a pity Steve won't lay the floor for you and save you some money. You should send the bill to the landlady but dont hold your breath on receiving the payment

No Harvey I won't being doing that as it will be 4.00 am over there as they are two hours behind us and I am not waking up at that time I am on holiday. All presents sorted and as eldest son is also coming I may transfer some to his suitcase

Hope all goes well for your mum on Monday Gfriff it must be such a worry to you all.

Still very cold and quite a bit of frost still around still that is better than what we are forecast for tomorrow - heavy rain nearly all day
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Evening all. Trust that all who are getting this cold weather are bearing up. The dog seems to really enjoy it - makes him more frisky than usual.

Today, we were out and about a bit. Supermarket, bottle bank, and the rescue centre where we got Max. They were selling home made dog treats and my dear wife had ordered some. Today was the day to collect them. The entire proceeds go to charity. Can't fault that.

I little news on the family front that may give some you a wry smile.
My cousin's husband completed the Antarctic marathon a couple of weeks ago. In a complete change of scene, he is now about to do the Lanzarote marathon.....

We can't decide if it's philanthropy or insanity......
He does it to raise money for a children's cancer charity.
Good man.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Evening everyone very cold here again today.
We popped into Huntingdon got some shopping and met with Mark and Lauren while she was on her lunch break.
Tomorrow weather permitting Michael and Margaret will be coming over to enjoy some coffee and nibbles.
They haven't seen the re-done kitchen and the new bathroom yet or the hall.
Michael doesn't want to drive between us and Downham if dark and icy which is fair enough the river is very cold this time of year.
Rang Gill today contractors going in to measure up Monday for stair lift that has already been measured for and also rearrange her bathroom which she didn't want but Peter has given the go ahead.
I am still wondering why the council didn't pick up it wasn't their contractors and was in fact a manufacturer they never use they had measurements from. Someone must of seen paperwork and company names surely.
Hopefully now they will pull their finger out and sort it.

Moyra sorry to hear about the floor and you have to pay for it.
Kazz your aunts presents sound nice good luck with the shoe hunting.
griff hope the shoulder is a bit better sorry to hear your mum is causing you concerns over her health at the moment.

Hope everyone not mentioned has had a good day and all are well and all four legged friends are well to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Evening all. Trust that all who are getting this cold weather are bearing up. The dog seems to really enjoy it - makes him more frisky than usual.

Today, we were out and about a bit. Supermarket, bottle bank, and the rescue centre where we got Max. They were selling home made dog treats and my dear wife had ordered some. Today was the day to collect them. The entire proceeds go to charity. Can't fault that.

I little news on the family front that may give some you a wry smile.
My cousin's husband completed the Antarctic marathon a couple of weeks ago. In a complete change of scene, he is now about to do the Lanzarote marathon.....

We can't decide if it's philanthropy or insanity......
He does it to raise money for a children's cancer charity.
Good man.
You have a kind family, and well done to you Cousins husband....................but sensible to have the cold run before the warm.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all
Mum has been given an urgent appointmet at the neurologist monday...got a call yesterday asking her to go in monday lunch
Thats good get sorted before Christmas.............best of everything to her.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
No Harvey I won't being doing that as it will be 4.00 am over there as they are two hours behind us and I am not waking up at that time I am on holiday.
Quite right too But now I'm worried I may have put a thought in Barry's head.

What if he gets up at 8am and calls you Oh heck what have I said
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Lynn, i hope for a Christmas miracle and the stair lift gets fitted before Christmas
Thanks Kazz, hope she gets a Ct or MRI so we are certain all is o.k
Moyra, did Steve refuse to fit it or is he busy at work? I hope it's the latter
Lol...Harvey, fancy putting ideas into Barry's head...you're naughty lol
Poor Molly has had a real bad tummy, took Steve an hour to clean up, his house stinks and he gas had to leave the windows upstairs open so they are freezing....i did ask the question could somebody have gone in and fed her something she shouldn't have as he still hasn't changed his locks....he says no
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2