View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Trust that everyone and furry friends are doing fine.
Clear, cold, and very breezy here today.
Good weather for a stroll.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 06:49 PM
That was nice Kazz at least you know it is appreciated. Do hope his son is soon well on the road to. recovery.

As long as you aren't responsible for a mortgage Moyra. I expect if she could get her hands on it it will have gone.

Yes Besoeker the council allow us to pay for a garden bin but it is not worth the money to pay for a second when it is only this time of year we run out of room. It was emptied on Monday a week ago and was full by the Tuesday Another 5 days to go and then I can start to refill it again
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Yes Besoeker the council allow us to pay for a garden bin but it is not worth the money to pay for a second when it is only this time of year we run out of room. It was emptied on Monday a week ago and was full by the Tuesday Another 5 days to go and then I can start to refill it again
I suppose we do pay for our garden bin but it is included in our council tax. We can't not pay for it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I suppose we do pay for our garden bin but it is included in our council tax. We can't not pay for it.
That's how it used to be around here but then in 2016 they made the brown (garden) bin an optional extra so those that want it have to pay on top of their council tax.

One need hardly add that those who choose not to pay for the brown bin didn't see a reduction in their council tax
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
The CAB might be able to point you in the direction of a solicitor who does a reduced 1/2 hour consultation. You might qualify for legal aid.
Did your ex leave a will? Who are the executors? Has probate been granted?
Some very good points. In fact I always thought that there were some soliciters who would do a FREE initial interview of up to half an hour. Surely the CAB would know who these were.

Moyra, you do need to pursue this, £20K is not peanuts, I wish you all the luck in the world on this one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2017, 10:24 PM
'evening all

Another fairly hectic day Just wanted to let you know Lara is almost back to normal, she has eaten tonight (Not the granules but she often leaves those anyway)
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'evening all

Another fairly hectic day Just wanted to let you know Lara is almost back to normal, she has eaten tonight (Not the granules but she often leaves those anyway)
Lara is your Newfoundland?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Hey Harvey....you are right, most solicitors offer 30mins free, my aunty did it with her divorce and I did it when I was investigating a claim at work
So pleased Lara is doing better
Was naughty, no chemo yesterday...went and met my cousin in town at night for the lights....an embarrassment best sums up the decs lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Lara is your Newfoundland?
Yes, we have two, both came to us from the Newfoundland Club welfare lady who works tirelessly to try and rehome Newfies who have been abandoned or dumped in rescue shelters. It occupies her for almost every day, doesn't get a penny, and has to deal with some horrible people. I couldn't do her job.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Was naughty, no chemo yesterday...
Oh yes smack on the wrist time methinks In all honesty I can understand your thinking and statistically missing one now and again will likely be OK but don't make a habit of it.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >