Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mariequeen
New Member!
Female 

29-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Malamute pup needs new home asap

6 Month old called bear. Castrated uptodate on all jabs big pup please help find him a great home.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 03:26 PM
More info may be helpful. Location, temperament, photos etc. Good luck.
mariequeen
New Member!
Female 

01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Bear is six months old and lives in nantwich cheshire with four childrenand another dog. He loves other dogs an humans an will say hello to everyone. Bear sits at rds an waits to cross bear is house trained but prefers to spend most his time outside. He sleeps in a crete at night. Bear is being rehomed as my other dog is not happy to share her family as want him to go to someone that has exsperence and dosnt just want him because he a big pup.that looks good and is free .
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Have you spoken to the breed rescue? They may be able to help
http://www.malamuterescue.org.uk/
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 02:16 PM
OMG a vet castrated a Malamute before he was 6 months old poor dog
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Have you contacted his breeder? They should really be your first port of call and a reputable breeder will take back a pup they have bred at any stage of their lives.
mariequeen
New Member!
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I have contacted the rescue an they are sending out a form for me to complete. . . As for bear being castrated he. Was only done two weeks ago as didn't want to let him go entire as someone May have him just for breeding and i have full trust in my vet. Bear is not k c. And i don t. Have full contact details of were he. Was brought.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Some people may disagree with neutering relatively young dogs but if you have decided to rehome him I think you've done the right thing by castrating him, for the reasons you've given. I think it's much more considerate to dogs in general for their owners to neuter them, however young, than risk some irresponsible idiot in the future selfishly producing puppies in a world already over-full with them, destined to spend their lives being rehomed every few months.

These types of dogs are very popular at the moment and sadly many people are currently getting them on a whim, regretting it when they find out what they've taken on. So please be very careful who he goes to. The poor guy doesn't want to find himself looking for a third or fourth home somewhere down the line. A specific breed rescue would always be the best bet I imagine. Don't risk rehoming him privately. And even many all-breeds rescue centres haven't a clue about some breed requirements and can let dogs go to totally inappropriate people.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi Marie,

Have you rehomed Bear yet? If so, that's fantastic.

If not and/or if you're getting nowhere fast with the rescues (considering the time of year too) I found out today that there is a Husky and Malamute breeder who lives in the road next to where my Mom lives.

If you would like me to, I can ask if they have any ideas or if they may be able to help you out in some way.

Laura xx
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
Some people may disagree with neutering relatively young dogs but if you have decided to rehome him I think you've done the right thing by castrating him, for the reasons you've given. I think it's much more considerate to dogs in general for their owners to neuter them, however young, than risk some irresponsible idiot in the future selfishly producing puppies in a world already over-full with them, destined to spend their lives being rehomed every few months.

These types of dogs are very popular at the moment and sadly many people are currently getting them on a whim, regretting it when they find out what they've taken on. So please be very careful who he goes to. The poor guy doesn't want to find himself looking for a third or fourth home somewhere down the line. A specific breed rescue would always be the best bet I imagine. Don't risk rehoming him privately. And even many all-breeds rescue centres haven't a clue about some breed requirements and can let dogs go to totally inappropriate people.

Totally agree .
Sorry I can't be more help with rehoming this boy but you are going ablout this the right way . I'm sure the right home will come along .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >