Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Critique my Dog

Following on from Mels post on Axel , would appreciate how you experts view Bella , only a bit of fun but any feedback appreciated !

General Appearance
Strongly built, upstanding, of generous proportions, muscular power and symmetrical formation, with long head and neck, clean well laid shoulders, deep chest, capacious body, slightly arched loin, powerful quarters, sound legs and feet, and a suppleness of limb, which emphasise in a marked degree its distinctive type and quality.

Characteristics
Possessing remarkable stamina and endurance.

Temperament
Intelligent, gentle, affectionate and even-tempered.

Head and Skull
Long, moderate width, flat skull, slight stop. Jaws powerful and well chiselled.

Eyes
Bright, intelligent, oval and obliquely set. Preferably dark.

Ears
Small, rose-shape, of fine texture.

Mouth
Jaws strong with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. the upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws.

Neck
Long and muscular, elegantly arched, well let into shoulders.

Forequarters
Shoulders oblique, well set back, muscular without being loaded, narrow and cleanly defined at top. Forelegs, long and straight, bone of good substance and quality. Elbows free and well set under shoulders. Pasterns of moderate length, slightly sprung. Elbows, pasterns and toes inclining neither in nor out.

Body
Chest deep and capacious, providing adequate heart room. Ribs deep, well sprung and carried well back. Flanks well cut up. Back rather long, broad and square. Loins powerful, slightly arched.

Hindquarters
Thighs and second thighs wide and muscular, showing great propelling power. Stifles well bent. Hocks well let down, inclining neither in nor out. Body and hindquarters, features of ample proportions and well coupled, enabling adequate ground to be covered when standing.

Feet
Moderate length, with compact, well knuckled toes and strong pads.

Tail
Long, set on rather low, strong at root, tapering to point, carried low, slightly curved.

Gait/Movement
Straight, low reaching, free stride enabling the ground to be covered at great speed. Hindlegs coming well under body giving great propulsion.

Coat
Fine and close.

Colour
Black, white, red, blue, fawn, fallow, brindle or any of these colours broken with white.

Size
Ideal height: dogs: 71-76 cms (28-30 ins); bitches: 69-71 cms (27-28 ins).

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

Note
Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
/Moved to Critique My Dog section/
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks , sorry
redcoatsagility
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
correct head and skull . great muscle nice bone lovly erec ears
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Lovely muscles, great overall shape, seems balanced to me. I'm no expert, but she's a lovely Greyhound girl, seems right to me
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
All I can say is gorgeous girl, great ears .
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Well she looks just about perfect to me....but then I am a total greyhound/lurcher freak!!