View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Hmmm, not great, they want her to have a head scan and a full body scan, sent her for an ecg and it appears she has a heart murmur...i am hoping that is the cause of the black outs. She is very over weight and i have told her to do something about it but she won't listen
Hahaha Kazz, haven't had a snowball fight for years!!
One of the lads Steve works with is from Africa, never seen snow before, he said to Steve what is this weather?? Steve turned round and said the sky is broke lol....the lad said he wanted to go home as it's too cold lol...bless him
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Griff, any news of how your Mum got on?

Eileen, I hear you have had it bad in NI hope things are improving, we have had enough here and it is certainly going to get even colder. I think it is time I found the comfort of my warm bed. Will probably run the hair dryer down it first to warm it up!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Sorry Griff, you beat me to it. I hope she is going to be ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Evening everyone.
Snow gone from here but it is freezing and has been raining.

griff sorry to heat about your mum.

Just had a call from Peter Gill is in hospital. They think she may have fractured her hip when she fell trying to get to the toilet early hours of Sunday. She was in so much pain Peter called the doctor who called the ambulance. Her vitals were also very bad low blood pressure, heart rate up and down and also dehydrated from continually losing water. The strongest antibiotics have done nothing to clear it again and the young lady paramedics said they could smell the infection.
Peter couldn't go with her his back is so bad from lifting her he wouldn't of survived the ambulance and cannot drive. Gill has her phone and charger so he is waiting to hear from her what ward etc, then he will update me.
Just updated Michael our brother and he didn't seemed to surprised to be honest.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening everyone.
Snow gone from here but it is freezing and has been raining.

griff sorry to heat about your mum.

Just had a call from Peter Gill is in hospital. They think she may have fractured her hip when she fell trying to get to the toilet early hours of Sunday. She was in so much pain Peter called the doctor who called the ambulance. Her vitals were also very bad low blood pressure, heart rate up and down and also dehydrated from continually losing water. The strongest antibiotics have done nothing to clear it again and the young lady paramedics said they could smell the infection.
Peter couldn't go with her his back is so bad from lifting her he wouldn't of survived the ambulance and cannot drive. Gill has her phone and charger so he is waiting to hear from her what ward etc, then he will update me.
Just updated Michael our brother and he didn't seemed to surprised to be honest.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Bloody hell..........................If I may suggest Gill may not be able to phone may be worth her hubby or you ringing the hospital and asking them to keep you updated. Givent he circumstances will her children go over?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Griff ...all the best
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Magnificent Max showing his true colours......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Peter will probably ring later if not heard anything if not I will chase it down I know which hospital but none of us know which ward yet.
She has the one son Kazz he lives in Wales and the weather is pretty bad there but he will get over as soon as he can.
Peter is hoping a day not having to get her up and down the stairs will ease his back and he will be able to drive over to see her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Oh dear Lynn, you must be so worried. I do hope she is going to be ok, Maybe she will get the help there that she needs. Sending hugs all round.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2017, 06:26 PM
That's what I am hoping for Moyra she did really need to go before this but unless you know her it's easy to say to Peter you should do x,y or z plus she is compos mentis so you can't override her. Until today when she was in so much pain with her leg he called out the dr and the dr called the ambulance.
She has so much else going on, she was booked in for her consultant appointment tomorrow same hospital so maybe she will go see her there.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >