Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 08:19 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 11th December.

Good Morning one and all, hope you are all in fine fettle. Well hoping for a drop of rain to wash this snow and ice away. It was particular bad for me to get along with the walker yesterday afternoon for Ambers walk, I was sliding everywhere, am hoping it is not like that again this morning. To top it all I have gout in my left foot (my fault for eating tomatoes) had job getting my old shoes on and am hoping those new shoes wont be long in coming.

Lynn, I hope Peter and Gill are better today and will hear soon about the stairlift. Hope Dillon is ok in this weather.

Griff that was good of your local publican to let you know he had closed the pub, expect he thought it would not be worth keeping it open in such weather.

Harvey hope Casey goes on ok at the vets and pleased that you were able to get them both out yesterday. Not easy in this weather.

Boesoker please take it easy out there, we are not getting any younger for falling around.

Mandy, Brenda, Sue, Barry, Norma, Jenny, Kazz and all do take care.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Just got back from walking Amber, got soaked through with rain this time still at least it is washing the ice and snow away. Thankfully. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

You take care whilst walking Amber we dont want you falling over Moyra and that goes for you too Besoeker.

Nice of the landlord to keep you in the loop Griff.

Fingers crossed for Casey when he goes to the vet Harvey

Lovely morning here - not! Was raining hard when I got up and we now have heavy sleet so no plans for today but I expect Barry will still want to go out for his weekly meal.

HVW. good day and stay safe and warm
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Morning all
I'm not doing much this morning still lots of snow here but the main roads are all good. I'm at work at 2 today till 9.30.
Rosie has run around the garden this morning.
Moyra please go careful out there and you too Besoeker
Sue hope you enjoy your lunch out if you go
Griff glad the landlord let you know, that's really good of him
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Morning all bipeds and quadrupeds.
Just back from our stroll - one of several.
Not the most pleasant circumstances
But a dog has to do.......etc.........

Nothing much moving here. The roads are quiet and schools are closed. Amazing what a couple of inches of snow can do.
One year (1962?) where I lived in Scotland had several FEET of snow. No excuse to bunk off school. My dog then loved it as does my current handsome hairy hound.

The road up to the farm had six foot drifts. Hitch up the snow plough, drag it down the drive - job done.

Enough for now -
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Glad I got the car out and went to the shop for milk first thing while it was raining as it is now teeming down with snow again!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 01:10 PM
hahaha, dad got the car free, been and fetched the cake for my trainers party, loads saying they aren't going..never mind!! mums just on her way to the hospital to see a neurologist
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 02:18 PM
I wish her luck Griff, hope it goes ok.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Right been out and about cleared the snow in the back garden on the path and the front path collected the amazon parcel from the local pickup point the gym, next time I have a brain wave of locker collection will check the weather first.
Anyhow nice walk there in my wellies, and more to the point Mom loves it (Christmas present) it is easy lift push lid indicated by raised bumps and a play/pause button that is bright orange the cd player itself is white(ish) fantastic product and normal price compared to loads of ££££££ for those designed with limited sight and people who only want to press a button.

While out the front got caught in a snowball fight with the local children....great fun.

Had to cancel lunch with my cousin as she is snowed in road wise.

Griff - positive thoughts for your Mom
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Last walk of the day (I hope) just done - a trifle chilly one might say.
Not a lot of folk around but there was my old friend Heinrich. With his hood up and in the near dark, I didn't recognise him. But Max did. Brain clicked in........and we shook hands as usual.

He is a good man and Max is my barometer.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >