Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 08:17 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 1st December.

Good morning everyone, another month gone, roll on the spring. I did manage to keep the heat pad on all night and it helped. Still unable to use it properly and it being worse because it is my right arm.

Besoeker, I hope you manage to get the rest of the work done to make your home more manageable.

Griff, I hope you sort out the Molly problem and the locks.

Lynn, hope there is some more positive news for Gill on her stairlift.

Harvey, Sorry Casey is having more problems hope the vet can help.

Love to Nippy Jen, Sue, Barry, norma and Kazz, especially June and her girls.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry, difficult I know, and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 08:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Watching the flight tracker for easijet because my daughter Sara has gone to Paris for a few days. Fascinating watching all the planes moving across the water to France. Oh well it keeps me amused. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Good morning all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Sorry had to grab the phone, A.Brenda not well and not going hairdressers so had to cancel the taxi.

Sorry for an absence last week a bad week, 24th was the anniversary of Dads passing.

Have an reading audition next Wednesday for North B'ham talking newspapers to become a reader. Ekkkkkk

Moyra hope you improve have you tried the rub on gel ibofren Mom finds it really helps she cannot take asprin etc.

Brenda I adore theflight tracker I also like watching father christmas tracker....LOL

Besoeker Why on earth would they not fit the one thing you need....

To everyone Hello and a good day all round.

Lates at work today and tomorrow.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Kazz and all who follow

Pleased the heat patch seems to be working keep it going.

Hope your daughters enjoys her few days in Paris Brenda

Morning Kazz hope you are all keeping well

Thank you for asking about my little granddaughter. She is doing fine. Sometimes she has to dress in school uniform, carry a back pack and go with the others to the school door She also thinks that she should have the same toys as the other two or she sobs her little heart out. I will be seeing her for the first time at the beginning of January as off for 11 day visit. I know the eldest is very excited but the middle one is very shy so no doubt it will take all my time to get her to talk to me

Hope you get on ok at the vet with Casey today Harvey.

Hope everyone is keeping well. June I hope you and the girls are doing well.

Trying to rain but have managed to have our walk this morning in the dry and at least it isn't as cold as yesterday.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Well the flight has landed. Aw Kaz know how you feel. Tomorrow I lost my mum 30 years ago. Been out and boy it is chilly, the wind chill me thinks makes it feel colder.
Who sings "Blue Christmas" and makes toy guitars?
Elfis!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Good morning everyone, from a very sunny but cold patch of northern uplands. We have had just about every sort of weather here over the past week, ranging from a few inches of snow to lovely sunshine like today.
I do hope that those suffering from debilitating illness and injury are soon on the mend, or at the very least, pain free.
Harvey, good luck at the vets and hopefully there will be a quick recovery for your Casey.
Oh! Brenda, I rather fancy one of those flight tracker thingumyjigs. I would have to have one that showed up broomsticks,so that I could then be forewarned of any visits from homeopathic practitioners, and other creatures associated with the "black arts!" LOL!
All the dogs are sat quietly round me in a circle, waiting for their second walk of the day. When it is cold and bright they seem to be at their best, it must be their favourite conditions.
I had a salutary reminder of the mortality of our four legged friends, yesterday, Normally when I come to a five bar gate two fields from home the lurchers jump over and little Scout squeezes through the lowest of the gaps. Not so yesterday, Gypsy who will be 12 in February,just stood by the gate and waited for me to open it, the old girl must have decided that she just couldn,t do it. This is the first time that she has shown any sign of her age ( apart from being a bit slower, of course} so I,ll have her to the vet's for a quick check up on Monday, just to make sure there is nothing wrong that I have missed but I think it is just Anno Domini that has started to take it's toll.
Must go as duty calls (dog walks).Take care of yourselves and as always, bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Lovely to see you Gordon, I went to the chemist and got some ibuprofen gel and it does work better than that other stuff I was using. Gordon do hope Gypsy is not ailing too quickly. It is so sad when our lovely friends start to get old. Amber although just 6 and a half is slowing up and has many fatty lumps. She is fast enough when she sees her best friend Annie but we haven't seen her lately. Hope she is ok, probably just that we have been out a bit later than used to, this happens as the mornings get darker.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Hi Gordon I feel for you as Tyto is showing signs at times of age but maybe she just thought it was time you did a bit for us ladies of a certain age. bg!!
Take Care and pop in again soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Harvey, good luck at the vets and hopefully there will be a quick recovery for your Casey.
Thanks, and likewise to all those who sent good wishes for Casey.

Not good news I'm sorry to say. He has severe arthritus in his right hip and the one on the other side is not much better. Vet was not too happy with his heart either, pulse was very high and one or two 'missed beats' and he seems to have lost muscle tone at his hips and around his back.

So he has to take two 40mg Onsior (robenacoxib) tablets every day. The vet said these are a newish type of anti-inflametory which targets the joint a lot better. I do hope they work ('cos they are bleedin expensive!!!)

And he is booked in for an 'ultra-sound' scan on his heart on the 14th. a year ago a different vet reduced his Cardiosure from two down to one tablet a day, that may need to be increased.

During the whole examination he didn't grumble one bit even 'tho some of the movements the vet did on his hip must have hurt.

He is a loveable old boy but sadly (As LG was saying above) life moves on. I just hope that he will be around well into next year, in March he will be 12 we think.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >