View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
That's a shame Nicola but as you say she will be in best possible hands.

I only got confirmation about Zymi yesterday they will be able to sympathise with each other.

Did you say what medication she's on?
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 09:53 PM
poor molly xx

as you say at least she will be in safe hands xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
That's a shame Nicola but as you say she will be in best possible hands.

I only got confirmation about Zymi yesterday they will be able to sympathise with each other.

Did you say what medication she's on?
Yes, her and Zymi should get together and put the world at rights, shouldn't they?

Molly is on Metacam just now, but no idea if that's what they plan on giving her for the longer term. They've taken bloods to check the function of her liver, kidneys and thyroid. If they're all as they should be, I guess it'll be Metacam.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am sure that it will be Westie........our last dog Bitz was older than Molly, and a much bigger dog too. She went on for many more years once everything had healed properly. It is not an easy ride, but it is well worth it in the end.
Thank you. Not looking forward to the next few months, but what choice do I have? Here's hoping she does come ou the other end well again.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I'm sorry to hear it wasn't better news, and it will be tough but you will come out the other side and Molly will once again be able to have a good quality normal life.
As she is only a small dog she should get on very well as she won't be putting so much weight on it.
Lots of rest is now on the cards so she needs to get used to being a lady of leisure.

Its got nothing to do with the excellent way you care for her, its unfortunatly as you say just one of those things that can happen to any dog and she will be in excellent hands at the vet school.
Thanks Bev, here's hoping all will be well again. And yes, it's just 'one of those things', sadly.

Thankfully she's not a physically demanding dog and I think will cope very well with a long rest period. Here's hoping anyway!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Chin up Wests x

My boy went from being racing fit in prep for October canix to 0 exercise for 2 weeks then 10mins a day since end of september (and another 6wks to go!)

i thought we would be in for a rough ride as hes a no holds barred dober mentalist but bless his heart hes been as good as gold (with the odd mad moment)

my friends lab did hers years ago (she caught her leg jumping a wire fence) and once healed you wouldnt know anything had ever happened and shes had a full life shooting and hacking with us x
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Oh no I'm so sorry the news was not better.

Fingers crossed she gets through without to much trouble and gets back to normal xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Its hard to keep them occupied when they are on virtually zero exercise. Tilly had surgery for a cruciate ligament rupture when she was 3 and although I had to be quite inventive to find things to keep her mentally stimulated without physical exercise during the convalescent period, she recovered completely and now at 16 she still enjoys her walks although she has to have pain relief for arthritis.
Good luck with Molly's recovery and do let us know how she is doing.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks everyone.

Molly is in the Vet School.

She'll be getting surgery tomorrow and the best option is a stainless steel wedge implanted in an artificial fractual which will level the knee, hopefully giving her a full range of movement in her leg again as, due to the cruciate rupture, her knee is not secure. I think this is the basis is of what they said anyway.

All her blood results came back normal so that's good.

X-rays today to get her measurements as the ones given are not at the angles she needs.

She will be kept in overnight on Friday and, all going well, we can collect her on Saturday afternoon unless she really isn't coping with the pain and needs strong painkillers administered by them.

Strict crate rest for around 8 weeks, but gradually increasing the movement in her leg after a few days. More x-rays will be taken after 6 weeks to see how it's healing.

That's the plan anyway, here's hoping it's all successful.

Chances of her developing osteoarthritis is high and could happen in months or years but we'll deal with that as and when it happens.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and advice, much appreciated and I'll post any updates I get.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi Nicola . Poor Molly, it's horrid when you have to leave a dog for an operation and can't be there to cuddle them

I will think of Molly tomorrow and wish her a speedy recovery...x
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »