Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Canikur

I've just been looking around on line and seen that Canikur also comes in a paste which you can measure out from the tube to squirt in the dogs mouth.

The other alternative to Canikur which ive used in the past is Pro-Kolin which is also a paste.

It's alway worth keeping a supply in.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I have just ordered a box (12 tabs) of Canikur which I'm going to keep in a drawer for any future need. The last time my two had to go to the vet due to a gastric virus which was doing the rounds, it was Canikur that the vet gave me for my dogs. Taking two dogs to the vet and meds cost in excess of £130. Canikur was recommended to me by fellow Dogsey member 'Tawneywolf' who has been using these meds on her litter of young pups who had a virus.

So in answer to your question yes I think it's a good idea to keep some at hand. One of my dogs is forever eating disgusting things so its nice to know I'll have some meds when needed.

Obviously if my dog was showing other symptoms to just an upset tummy I would then take him to get him checked out at the vet.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2013, 12:59 PM
My dogs rarely have need of medication, but I always have a medicine chest for them including Slippery Elm with is good for qite a few conditions
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
My dogs rarely have need of medication, but I always have a medicine chest for them including Slippery Elm with is good for qite a few conditions
I find that helps with my IBS.

I think Dorwest do it under the name of Tree Barks powder.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2013, 04:32 PM
I'd forgotten about Tree Bark Powder!!!! I have just ordered another pack of the tablets, because I will make sure I have stuff like that in future. I have never in my life had a puppy with dire rear so consequently had nothing in at all to give them. Mind you it turned out to be something worse than a tummy upset in the end didn't it.
I am so glad a member on here recommended it to me, and I in turn have been able to pass it onto another member.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 05:02 PM
have canikur and yumpro bio activ plus in my doggy cupboard.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Never even heard of that one, just had a look at what it is and it sounds excellent. Am thinking of stuff to give the babies now they are over it all and help get their little digestive systems running properly again.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'd forgotten about Tree Bark Powder!!!! I have just ordered another pack of the tablets, because I will make sure I have stuff like that in future. I have never in my life had a puppy with dire rear so consequently had nothing in at all to give them. Mind you it turned out to be something worse than a tummy upset in the end didn't it.
I am so glad a member on here recommended it to me, and I in turn have been able to pass it onto another member.
Kiddies Kaolin & morphine was another staple in my cupboard but it has to come without the morphine these days!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2013, 07:34 PM
yeah kaolin and morphine was something everybody had
The puppies loved the canikur tablets and crunched them up like they were sweets so they were actually easier to administer than a paste, which usually ends up more on you than in them
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2013, 08:21 PM
unfortunatly we are experts on this subject , Rossi is a dustbin ,he can wolf something disgusting down so quickly & it always goes the same way ,giving him an upset tummy ,i have found the pro kolin paste the best , & always have a couple of tubes ready ! it just goes straight onto his food & gets eaten no problem , but then like i said he is a dust bin where food is cocerned