View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Flicka and Bean ~ Fantastic Family Pets + Cat Friendly - 3yo Fawn/White Greyhounds

FLICKA and BEAN

Flicka and Bean are two 3 year old greyhound sisters who never had an interest in the racing life. Flicka has a gorgeous light fawn coat, and Bean is white with fawn patches. Both have gorgeous big eyes and are in beautiful condition now. Poor Flicka and Bean were homed by us several months ago, but have sadly had to come back to us now as their owner had to move because of her job and could not bring them with her.

Flicka and Bean are two very easy girls to have, and would make a fantastic greyhound pair for first time hound owners. They have very few flaws. Both are brilliant with other dogs of all shapes and sizes and are also suitable to live with cats provided the cat is very dog savvy and doesn’t run from them. They have lived in a home for the past several months, and are non-destructive and fully housetrained. As you can see they have also come to some of our meet and greets where they helped promote greyhounds as pets.

Flicka is a big softy and adores her home comforts. She loves a king sized bed with pillows and quilt, and if allowed on the bed with you will slowly and ever so gently stretch out and push you off! She also likes to sleep on the sofa with you in the evenings while you watch TV.

Out and about, Flicka is flawless and a model citizen. She will lazily plod along beside you and is so good on the lead; a small child can walk her. She has brilliant manners when meeting other people and dogs, and we really can’t say a bad thing about her. She has gone to agility classes and though she didn’t approve of the tunnel, she enjoyed the jumps and is a clever little girlie.

Bean is a wee bit more shy than her sister, and it took her a little bit longer to settle into her previous home. She likes routine and familiarity, and can get a bit stressed if her daily pattern is changed. When she does relax, though, she is a real character and a cheeky miss. She loves to goof around in the garden with you and enjoys exploring every nook and cranny.

Bean gets great joy from her walks and enjoys the company of other dogs. She is very polite and never puts a paw wrong. And even if she did, she has mastered the ‘puppy dog eyes’ which is just about impossible to resist!

Bean is unusual in that she is wheat intolerant, so must be fed on a non-wheat derived dog food to avoid her getting an upset tummy.

Both Flicka and Bean are truly fantastic hounds with oodles of potential to be some of the best family dogs around. They are also used to living with children and are very gentle and docile around them. We don’t expect these girls to be waiting long for their new homes, so do contact us now to avoid missing out!

These girls are currently in a foster home in Co. Kerry, Ireland, and can be transported via Kerry Greyhounds to the UK or Europe if a suitable home offer comes up. This will be organised and paid for by Kerry Greyhounds, and we ask only for a donation to help cover costs. Please note that adopters will need to travel to our nearest collection point to pick them up, and if you wish to meet before adopting them, they will be fostered in the Norfolk area.

Both these girls are neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd and wormed and a homecheck will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in adopting Flicka and/or Bean, please email me for our adoption application form and information pack. Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs. Thanks!

~~ KERRY GREYHOUND CONNECTION ~~

Kerry Greyhound Connection is a small voluntary organisation based in County Kerry, Ireland and Norfolk, England. It operates through a network of volunteers spaced over Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. We can look after approximately 70 greyhounds at any one time, in Ireland and the UK.

Each dog is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, and given a full veterinary check before being adopted.
We assess the suitability of all home offers, and we have homed greyhounds in Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and the USA.

If interested in one of our hounds, please EMAIL or PM me for our adoption application form and information pack. Once you have filled in and returned the application form, we will then telephone you to discuss adopting one of our hounds in more detail.

I can be contacted via PM or through the following email:
[removed as per rescue posting guidelines]
Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs.

Thank you.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 12:26 AM
One day I will be looking for a new dog for my Mum and a one for my pack, (when we lose our two oldies)... Though I truly hope these two have found their forever home by then as I truly hope that day is far away.. a small part of me wishes they wouldn't because they would be perfect for us... Flicka would suit my mum down to the ground and bean would fit well into my mad house and they'd still see each other and walk together regularly...

Sigh.. I hate it when I see such perfect rescues, but know now is not the right time.

Good luck Flika and Bean, Im sure just the right home is right round the corner.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Goodluck to these lovely girls xxxxxx.
Closed Thread