Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 10:15 AM

Anyone got a Belkin Router?

I still haven't managed to encrypt (or whatever its called) my belkin router. I have tried and tried and still can't do it. I decided to have another go last night but all it resulted in was an irate son who was on the internet looking for tickets for a gig and I knocked him off the internet at a crucial moment I haven't a clue how to do it and can't find anywhere where it tells me. Wufflehoond tried to help me a few weeks ago but I still couldn't understand it at all

Anyway here is a photo of where I think I should be changing, can anybody tell me if this is right. If I put a password in it comes up with lots of numbers and letters - different ones for different passwords, is this all it takes to encrypt it or is there something else

also there is something called a 'ping' and it says to enable it for more security - should I do this as well?

Sorry for this question again but I am really stumped as to what to do and really worried because I haven't a clue what I am doing and don't know anybody that will come and do it for us.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2005, 10:37 AM
the picture you have there with 128 bit you have to put in each box 4 letters (a- z) or numbers (1 - 0 ) and then save when you try to connect through you wirless onto the net it will ask you for the code you have put in so write it down that`s all foxy
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2005, 10:41 AM
one the second picture it askes you if you whant to block a ping ? be carefull it depends on your provider you can try and mark it and say yes ( safer ) if you have problems unmark it and it will be back to normal when you make any ajustments on your router and you whant to keep them save and reboot then they take effect
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
the picture you have there with 128 bit you have to put in each box 4 letters (a- z) or numbers (1 - 0 ) and then save when you try to connect through you wirless onto the net it will ask you for the code you have put in so write it down that`s all foxy

If I put a passphrase in it comes up with its own numbers Fred, could I not do this. Do I have to enter ALL the numbers everytime I want to connect cos it will take ages

Also would I have to do the same on my daughters and sons computers - would I just be able to put the same passphrase in and get the same numbers and enable them to connect to the internet
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
If I put a passphrase in it comes up with its own numbers Fred, could I not do this. Do I have to enter ALL the numbers everytime I want to connect cos it will take ages

Also would I have to do the same on my daughters and sons computers - would I just be able to put the same passphrase in and get the same numbers and enable them to connect to the internet
no you don`t have to put them in only once in the router and once on the computer. it is a saftey key that nobody can connect through your wireless without putting those numbers in so if you use another computer with a wirless and you want to connect to the net it will ask you for the key
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeay, another computer thicko!! Foxy, I've had one of those routers since I had the new laptop. It sits by the telly gathering dust!!! It won't let me get as far as you are to put a password in so I use my Lucy with a long tail hanging out connecting her to the back of the NTL wotsit!!

Good Luck mate
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Yeay, another computer thicko!! Foxy, I've had one of those routers since I had the new laptop. It sits by the telly gathering dust!!! It won't let me get as far as you are to put a password in so I use my Lucy with a long tail hanging out connecting her to the back of the NTL wotsit!!

Good Luck mate
normaly a very good router if you don`t want or don`t use it send it to me
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Please can I ask a question?
A friend came and did ours so I wouldn't have a clue what the encryption numbers are. Is it possible to put in new ones?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Please can I ask a question?
A friend came and did ours so I wouldn't have a clue what the encryption numbers are. Is it possible to put in new ones?

Hi Lucky,

Is yours a Belkin one too You can reset them and change the numbers if you go into the security bit, think it gives you an option to change them - my problem is getting them there in the first place Can I borrow your friend please
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady

Good Luck mate

Ashlady - you are quite mad How do you connect your dog to a router must try that with Benji, might make his eyes light up a bit
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >