Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
Yup, liked all of those too ( except The Cult, liked them better when they were Southern Death Cult ), although Siouxsie and the Banshee's were a real disappointment live.
Not to me they weren't, but maybe that's because i saw them at the Royal Albert Hall, and it was when Robert Smith was playing guitar with them for a while.

I mentioned Explosions In The Sky a few posts back, if you liked Cocteaus/early Cure then I'm sure you will like them. They are contemporary, from Texas I think. Beautiful, mesmerising melodic guitars... no lyrics. They also remind me of another old band/s but I can't quite put my finger on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mJapaqTRXb8
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Not to me they weren't, but maybe that's because i saw them at the Royal Albert Hall, and it was when Robert Smith was playing guitar with them for a while.

I mentioned Explosions In The Sky a few posts back, if you liked Cocteaus/early Cure then I'm sure you will like them. They are contemporary, from Texas I think. Beautiful, mesmerising melodic guitars... no lyrics. They also remind me of another old band/s but I can't quite put my finger on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mJapaqTRXb8
Hmm, I'll listen to that a bit more later, I preferred the With Tired Eyes track, reminds me of Bauhaus a bit, it has that same sort of, economy of notes ( does that make sense ? )

I did hear an interview with Siouxie a wee while ago and she admitted herself she never liked playing Scotland, and I have to say, live, you could see her heart wasn't in it.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, I've liked Genesis since I was around 13, got into Peter Gabriel as a result. Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Moody Blues, Yes, all that good prog rock stuff. Along with Crowded House, Squeeze, Blondie, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Level 42, Big Country, Wolfstone, Runrig (Wolfstone are from my area and I knew the band)...I was an 80's child after all, so lots of 80's stuff

However, I'll listen to dance, especially if I'm at the gym.

Just now though, I'm into Gotye, heard his No.1 Somebody I used to Know and thought it was excellent, the rest of the album is good, in places reminds me of Crowded House, in others Squeeze. But still very good.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5