Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 09:56 AM

I need new music in my life lets talk albums

The only new album ive downloaded is High Lauries let them talk very good album ^^

Im into The Beatles, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Lady Gaga, Mumford and Sons a lot of soundtracks, ACDC, Led Zep, Foo Fighters, Meat Loaf, Ozzy Osbourne I hate rap and X Factor winners, Brittains got talant stuff is really not my cup of tea.

Im after some new albums to download for my Ipod any recomendations?????
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny Soundtrack! Its hilarious though and more of a parody of metal and rock rather than an album of pure musical genius.

I also recommend Lou Reed, Placebo, and The Darkness since you seem into glam rock.

I am currently listening to is The Black Keys (blues rock). I highly recommend the 'Brothers' album. Although my two favorite songs of theirs has to be 'Psychotic Girl' and 'Howl' if you want to get an idea of their type of music.

Mika is a lot like Queen/Freddy Mercury in style and music, I recommend 'Life in Cartoon Motion' album.

That's about it for now, I'll drop in if I can think of anymore. Tell me what you think!
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Them Crooked Vultures..(Dave Grohl, John Paul Jones & Josh Homme) are worth a listen.
The New RHCP album is released next week too....I have it & it's taking some getting used to.
I've just sat & put all my Foo Fighters on disc for the car (that's their whole back catalogue)...I'll wear it out.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Anything by Incubus - Make Yourself and Light Grenades are both fantastic

Im very much enjoying Ed Sheeran at the moment, album is out in a couple of weeks but theres tons of his stuff on youtube so see what you think

Benjamin Francis Leftwich is a bit along the lines of mumford but I dont know his albums, just the ones hes had on the radio but worth checking out!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 12:32 PM
If you like some folk-y/blues-y stuff then you should take a listen to Tallest Man On Earth, Iron And Wine, She And Him, Laura Marling, Little Big Town, Tegan And Sara and Lissie

If you like rock-y stuff as well you should listen to the album 'Animals' by This Town Needs Guns. My boyfriend lent it to me recently and it's such a lovely album! Rock-y but very pretty and relaxing at the same time

ETA: Ooh and take a look at the album 'Slow And Steady Seduction Part 2' by Anya Marina (Specifically the songs 'All The Same To Me' and 'Drop Dead Blues'). I think that's one of my favourite albums ever
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Anything by Incubus - Make Yourself and Light Grenades are both fantastic

Im very much enjoying Ed Sheeran at the moment, album is out in a couple of weeks but theres tons of his stuff on youtube so see what you think

Benjamin Francis Leftwich is a bit along the lines of mumford but I dont know his albums, just the ones hes had on the radio but worth checking out!
I'm liking Ed Sheeran at the moment too. I'm also liking Bon Iver.

Biffy Clyro's old stuff is also well worth checking out. I liked them way before they became mainstream -- 'The Vertigo of Bliss' is my favourite album by them and is brilliant.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you might enjoy Fleet Foxes. They're quite hard to describe; kind of folksy, always beautifully melodic and extremely visual. Both of their albums are consistently high quality. And the band members have some pretty epic beards going on too Here's one of my favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tPO...eature=related
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
Sounds like you might enjoy Fleet Foxes. They're quite hard to describe; kind of folksy, always beautifully melodic and extremely visual. Both of their albums are consistently high quality. And the band members have some pretty epic beards going on too Here's one of my favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tPO...eature=related
Ooh I love Fleet Foxes Always remind me of snowy days!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2011, 06:52 AM
One of my favourite albums is Quadrophenia but maybe i'm showing my age lol. Too many others to mention !
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 08:14 AM
I got both Mikas albums :>
and Tanacious D are somewhere in my collection love the song Wonderboy Jack Black is a very talanted guy!
Had The Darkness at onepoint I really liked the tracks that came out.

Ill have to check out some of the artists mentioned on youtube but I do like Fleet Fox's too wasn't sure if they had an album out yet or not.