View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm going to see Neil Diamond!! So excited!

Just booked tickets to see Neil Diamond in Manchester on
4th July and can't wait.

I've always wanted to see him and my OH was going to book tickets nearly three years ago, the last time he came round for my birthday but he left it too long and they sold out.

I heard Jo Whylie on radio 2 last say that tickets go on sale this morning. I mentioned to my OH and left it at that. He's just rang and said to get his credit card out and book two tickets. I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!! Just booked and now going to put a Neil cd on and dance round the house while I clean the carpets!

SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:00 AM
He is absolutely brilliant .I have seen him twice Live my absolutely favourite alltime singer..off now to put a cd on
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I am envious----he is amazing.

rune
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm hoovering and about to clean the carpets dancing to Hot August Night II!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Totally and utterly jealous!!!!! Neil Diamond is a legend!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 11:33 AM
My mum and (now long-gone) gran are Neil Diamond nuts - they went to see him live a few times (mum reckons he's gone a bit rubbish lately) and came back dancing, wearing bad t-shirts and generally acting half their age having had a whale of a time!

My nan actually did the coffin going behind the curtains for cremation thing to the sound of Sweet Caroline (well it beats My Way and the usual lot)!

I'll admit that as a kid I was very grateful my dad had scratched all my mum's Neil records trying to play them while drunk - but now I'm older I don't mind him at all really.

I'm going to a very very sad orchestral performance of video game music at the Albert Hall at the end of the year and I'm hideously disgustingly excited about that - very geeky. Failed to persuade hubby to buy me Take That tickets though
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
My mum and (now long-gone) gran are Neil Diamond nuts - they went to see him live a few times (mum reckons he's gone a bit rubbish lately) and came back dancing, wearing bad t-shirts and generally acting half their age having had a whale of a time!

My nan actually did the coffin going behind the curtains for cremation thing to the sound of Sweet Caroline (well it beats My Way and the usual lot)!
A lady at work has seen him a few times and said last year that he is not as good as he used to be but I've never seen him so he'll be good to me.

That's lovely about your nan (in a strange way), if the song that she'd loved and you all knew that, then why not? At least you'll think of her whenever you hear it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Neil Diamond? Ididnt know he was still alive!