Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Hello all,
Went to SW this morning and have lost 2 & half lbs today
Will take Rosie out later as it's been too warm, & I didn't get up till 7.30 by 8 there's lots of school kids on there way so no early morning for Rosie, but she does wander round the garden. I'm off out for tea tonight with a friend, Will meet Tony after for a drink on school night cos he's off tomorrow cos I'm at hospital for this enhanced recovery thing.

Moyra do the trip, you'll enjoy it
Griff that's nice of the receptionist & im glad you did the chemo
Lynn ooh sounds good, glad you enjoyed your walk/ lunch with Beth
TW good news about the scores for Zen
B enjoy the cooler walk
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Lynn, so pleased for you regarding the possible EASY sale of the house, that is one big load of stress taken off your mind.
Got everything crossed for the planning to go through now.
I'm always open and honest about hip/elbow scores, but after the name calling and accusations over Lona's hips (again environmental and NOT genetic) I do wonder whether I should be. Makes me laugh after all that campaign where I was a puppy farmer and back street breeder and Lona crippled with HD, that her offspring have come back with scores as low as 9's and 10's and her grandchildren are looking to do the same. So they can suck on that
I knew the constant leaping over the back door was not a good idea, but stopping her is another issue altogether. If I had got her scores done last year then I bet her elbows would have been a 0/0, mind you they still could be, but she said they are coming down hard on elbows at the moment so a minor miracle if they didn't mark me down. Can't wrap dogs up in cotton wool unfortunately, Zen is a canine version of Penelope Pitstop. She has had her breakfast and a long drink and now stretched out between Kesh and Mabs (or was when I last looked) looks very groggy and her eyes are like a bloodhounds
Mandy, extremely well done losing that weight, you are doing fab aren't you. Just watch for the nicks in the pavement or you may fall down one
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Well done Mandy.
Dogs have to be dogs June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Thats what I think Lynn, shes a walking disaster area, and I live with it, bathe her various injuries and carry on
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Moyra, please do it!!! i think a change of scenery will do you the world of good
didn't have to go up the hospital, my friendly receptionist at the dr is up there tomorrow so she is going to get it for me...how nice, she said it was too hot!!
Yes Moyra I'm with Griff on this, please pick a nice little B&B somewhere (It doesn't have to be a long way) There are plenty that take dogs. From where you are you could be in the Norfolk Broads in an hour or so. Even closer some nice villages on the Essex / Suffolk coastline.

Griff, it's very nice of that receptionist to pick up your meds. I'm willing to wager that is not in her 'job description'
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Can't wrap dogs up in cotton wool unfortunately, Zen is a canine version of Penelope Pitstop.
Yes, know well what you are saying. I often told people that Baruska was like an exocet missile, if she couldn't get under or over she would just go straight through
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Yes Harvey was thinking about Southwold. I am sure that would be lovely and I could look around for rentals.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I typed out a whole message this morning but does not appear to have posted. I echo the go away for a few days Moyra......think it would do you the world of good. You and Amber.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They are serious about buying this place if they can as a buy to let. Beth is going to sort buy to let mortgages as Paul's mums money when the flat is sold would be the deposit. Also how much rent they could back.
So watch this space they would be prepared to buy it if the plans go through and work has started on the access road so another plus.
All we need now is for them to be able to pay the price we might be looking at.
Either way it will be sold at some point so we better get on with the rest of the jobs that need doing.
Hi Lynn, that's great news. I always thought that if we were ever going to rent out a place out it would have to be right next door to where we lived. All the horror stories you hear are where the landlord is hundreds (even thousands) of miles away and never knows what his tenants are doing (or not doing) to the property. If your tenant is right next door you are bound to know everything more or less immediately and as a landlord you can deal with it so much better.

Don't know if you remember Helena, she had a holiday home on a park on the South coast, the one next to her came up for sale and we talked about me buying it but I didn't mainly for the reasons above.

So Paul & Beth are likely onto a winner especially if the access road thing is sorted. All good for you Keep us posted please
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Yes Harvey was thinking about Southwold. I am sure that would be lovely and I could look around for rentals.
Or there is Aldeburgh, Dunwich, or Warberswick all pretty villages. Go on get searching on Mr. Google and book a few days, it'll do you the world of good.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >