View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 09:38 AM
well done little car and Moyra, if you feel you can continue driving,,you do it, you don't need anyone then...mind you get yourself to your appointments o.k
Sue, bet you will be sad to see your lad go
Beseoker....find a shady spot and enjoy!!
Kazz, lovely out isn't it?
I don't think tower blocks have sprinkler systems...would most likely be an add on at a later date and the cost would be astronomical, i know the ones here don't have them...takes them long enough to sort the lifts out! one place had no lift for 3 weeks and disabled people were trapped and luckily those that didn't had family spoke to their neighbours who got their shopping and medication for them
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Morning all, just. Have great news, off on holiday again later in the year. Back on the Caledonian Sleeper to Inverness. Yeh!! Very warm here but a nice coastal breeze which is helping to keep the temperature down.Morning Moyra have a look at Saga for car insurance. Morning griff, sue, lynn and kazz and besoeker.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Hi all and thank you for the kind wishes.
We had the long walkand Max sticks to the shade where he can.
Met a few old chums and a couple of new ones. A black lab puppy wanted to jump all over him. He just laid down and let the pup enjoy himself.

"Max, let's go" and we did.
I've said it before. We got lucky to have such a gentle fellow.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Hi,
Those poor people,that fire is shocking,so sad
Well done MOYRA
Send some sun this way you lot,dry here but not a bit warmOff out with the girls,Lacey and Leah,want to tire them out with a long walk
Hope everyone is ok,see ya later xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
and where are the sprinklers surely tower blocks have them ?
Most likely been vandalised. Decades ago I was installing door entry systems on some of these blocks, nightmare scenario, couldn't put a screwdriver on the ground without some kid nicking it right under your eyes and knowing well that we couldn't touch them.

You can't get planning permission to build any type of high rise block unless fire regulations are compliant, and the council would have updated the fire sprinkler system if new legislation required it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
She passed her MOT but then I done only 200 miles since her last one. Hardly worth me running her but I do like my independence.
Hi Moyra, glad she passed doesn't matter how many miles a year you do, the ability to go out when you want, where you want, and return home when you want is (to me an essential), I rate it higher than almost anything else and I do not want to give it up.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I don't think tower blocks have sprinkler systems...would most likely be an add on at a later date and the cost would be astronomical, i know the ones here don't have them
I am surprised Griff, ref. my post above I have to say I didn't personally inspect any sprinklers, I was just keen to get the job done and get out

But you would have thought a sprinkler system would have taken priority over a door entry system, but maybe not, we do live in a crazy world.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2017, 11:44 AM
You are right Harvey!

Brenda I am already with Saga, It expires on 1st July so I have a little while to go before I have to pay for likewise with my tax as well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning Moyra have a look at Saga for car insurance.
I insure the car with Saga (also did the camper van when I had it)

They have quite a good telephone order desk and the paperwork is very good. I'm not sure if the are the cheapest but sometimes cheapest isn't always best

Edit:-
Ooops sorry Moyra, should have read down to the bottom of page. Saga will send you a renewal letter, if they try to bump it up too much tell them you've had a better quote. In my experience they will 'negotiate' over the phone you just need to be firm, bit like playing poker
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2017, 12:17 PM
You're right Losos. Most are keen to keep your business. My friends pet insurance for her 2 dogs so she rang to cancel saying it was too expensive. They asked her 'well what do you want to pay then?' She said same as last year so that's what happened.
Where's my sun? Got grey clouds here.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >