View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Lynn, when my nan had cancer, we looked at several trials for her..she had mental health issues so just decided we were trying to off her quicker Lol (she obviously wasn't right as had terminal cancer and kept insisting she wanted reviving) the way we found it seemed to work was contacting the hospitals involved directly...not sure if that helps at all?
Been to the local shop, got a card for my dad for fathers day...expensive but funny and at least i know it's done
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Oooh Lynn, poor Gill, if she's cancelled the appointment then no one is going to check on her are they. Could their GP get involved at all, or are there any health care workers who are involved with her.
Glad hear Dillon is improving now, such a worry and hoping he is fine for a long time to come.
Sorry to hear the chinese didn't agree with you Moyra, wonder what it was if you just had the rice. Could you get the doctor to check there is nothing wrong and you've not picked up a tummy bug.
Son has done a good job on the bedroom and coming back to do the skirting boards etc on Thursday.
Weather is appalling here, came off the motorway on the way back from the bone run because the wind was so strong. Got to get their beds sorted out as they're bound to be sopping, they got a good do this morning, but Kesh will stand out in the rain, no matter how often I send her in, Zen often joins her as well. Had Mabs in this morning, then Zen, now Kesh and Lona. Zen has ripped up the pad, so that needs clearing up yet, but thought I better bring them both in as Zen doesn't seem to want to be inside really.
Tomorrow is forecast to be dry thank goodness as gone through nearly a full bale of shavings in a couple of days, its not the decent stuff and everywhere is sopping within minutes
Griff, please be careful, look after yourself and try and rest your back as it will only get worse otherwise especially in the cold and wet we've got now. However by next week it could be sub tropical, no rhyme or reason anymore
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 01:35 PM
I am sorry everyone seems to be having problems. I have just been out to refill the bird seed carriers, the two lighter ones that were empty the squirrels had tossed to the ground. They are getting more idea as to how to get their feed. Trouble is it wasn't so bad when it was just the mum now the whole family of squirrels are at it. What do you do to deter them they are just not scared of us or of Amber they just carry on. Steve used to get his water gun out before to scare them off but now they just do as they please. Trouble is the birds wont come down when they are there!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 01:45 PM
it's deffo a pulled muscle TW....i will put some of that stinky ointment stuff on it. Sorry to hear the weather is so bad up your way, we had some heavy rain earlier but now i have sunshine
I don't know what to suggest Moyra...maybe some nuts for the squirrels? might stop them robbing the bird seed, we had one come and nick the fat balls, i was cracking up at him....it was very very funny and clever how he did it
Had the straighteners on my hair, i looked like i had a affro by the end of yesterday...hadn't sent my aunty a progress photo for a bit so just done that...i await her response
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Kazz this was an appointment at the hospital she attends for her cancer updates and possibility of treatments if viable.
Doubt they will send anyone out. We are hoping they might get in touch with her doctors surgery but again not holding our breath.
I think if she begins to feel a little better she may try to get to the doctors before her next hospital appointment which isn't till 18th July.
June glad the bedroom is coming along and the journey sounded a bit hairy.
griff hoping the back is feeling easier.

It's eventually stopped raining here still very windy and cold. Tempted to turn the heating on but will wear a cardigan instead.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Its Kofie's birthday today, can't believe it was 8 years ago that she and 6 others were born to Cariad and Storm, so much has happened in the meantime.
Took 2 swing bin liners of sopping shavings out before, that makes 3 today. Glad tomorrow is forecast to be dry. Everyone back out now on dry beds and I think they're asleep. WHY Kesh wants to stand out in the rain and go in and sleep when its dry I have no idea.
Got their teas ready, tuna in sunflower oil with veg, cottage cheese and yogurt, with bananas for afters.
Hoping someone makes contact with Gill because she shouldn't be left like this, especially when she's so poorly.
Moyra http://shopping.rspb.org.uk/squirrel...KzwxoCIafw_wcB
https://www.rspb.org.uk/our-work/rsp...d=tcm:9-202877
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Yeah, i agree July 18th is ages away, guess it's a reflection of everything though...too many people and not enough resources..lets hope she picks up and manages the Drs..if not, fingers crossed somebody gets in touch from the hospital
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys. Trying not to think to much of the consequences.
Will give her a call tomorrow didn't want to bother her today she had a rough night and must be feeling very poorly to cancel.
Will get a better idea of things when chatting to her.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 04:19 PM
Lynn, the weather is bad here too. I said to Steve that is probably why the squirrels are so hungry! He has just come home and I cooked us both Pork chops, mixed veg and mash potatoes. very nice! He knew I hadn't eaten the pork. Cannot help it am off meat for some reason. Still Amber appreciates it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 04:27 PM
TW thanks for the link. I am too tired now so off to bed in a little while. Take care all, hope all is well elsewhere. God bless. M xxxx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >