View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Any tips on dog hair on clothes coming out the washing machine??

Hi, Ive had a cat for several years so am use to the fur on clothes, and having Ruby aswell now, i appreciate that my clothes are never going to look that great, but i do get dis-heartend when i do a white wash and the clothes come out covered in hair . I was just wondering if there was any tips on minimising this so as i atleast get to put a white school shirt on my son minus hair even if it is only going to be for a short time!! Im wondering whether their might be something you can put in the washing machine that attracts the hair??
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Have you tried a short while in the tumble drier? (have you got a tumble drier? )
I find a quick tumble often pulls the hairs out.
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 03:40 PM
No tumble dryer im afraid
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Lint Balls
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Lint Balls
Do "lint balls" work as well as "golden balls" Joedee or are they too soft. Also Nippy - if a quick tumble pulls the hairs out then are you are playing too rough (only a joke - sorry I know dog hair is a serious problem!!!! - oh dear I think I am rubbing it in now - I'll go)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Do "lint balls" work as well as "golden balls" Joedee or are they too soft. Also Nippy - if a quick tumble pulls the hairs out then are you are playing too rough (only a joke - sorry I know dog hair is a serious problem!!!! - oh dear I think I am rubbing it in now - I'll go)

Do you know as I wrote that I thought I was leaving myself wide open to some funny remarks!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a combined washer/dryer & find most of the hair accumulates in the seal of the door so I agree I think the dryer gets rid of a lot - however it packed in last week - well started making an awful noise & when the repair man came, it was the pump which was blocked with gunked up fur!! Thank goodness we have insurance cover though as I've the repair man out 3 times this year!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Ever thought of a Mexican Hairless???

I tumble the hairs out too, only disaster I had was washing the dogs blanket with my burgundy work fleece jacket. When I wore it I wished I'd had a pound for everytime someone said 'Do you have a white dog by any chance?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post

Lolololol far better than golden balls

For washing pet bedding try a Numah Bag
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Lint Balls
Thanks for that Joedee, just bought some

How many do you put into the washing machine?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >