Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 07:25 AM

Monday 22nd January 2024

Morning all. Hope you didn't get any damage yesterday with the windy weather. Still dark here so haven't been out to see. Now then a light hearted question for you all. Each year I am allowed to choose a magazine subscription from a well known bank. What magazine would you choose. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2024, 09:15 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It has been very windy here, we have lost some tiles off the cabin roof. Some of the bird feeders were blown off the feeder stand and my glass frost proof bird bath has broken.
Other than that alls well at least the bungalow roof is still where it should be and we have power.
We were thinking of popping away for a few days to ease the pain of giving Brewster up but since the weather is so dire we have decided not too.
We will be popping in and out instead.
Washing and tidying today and learning how to use the new air fryer.

brenda I haven't read magazines for so long I have no idea what's about.
Those heated blankets look very interesting griff.
Sue I hope the bad weather doesn't complicate the school runs.
Chris I hope everything is ok with you.
Kazz have a nice day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 10:45 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Sorry Brenda don't read magazines so don't know what is on offer. Hope you have a good day.

Hope the damage to the cabin is not too bad and easily fixed Lynn . Best bet to stay put for a bit and hopefully the weather will improve and you can get away for a bit.

Well we survived the night without any damage thank goodness. School run done this morning with no trouble. Last night Ben sent a message that he would be staying here the night so that he could travel to London from our station. I thought that was because you can park in the road for nothing but no it was so that I could drop him off, pick him up tonight and take again tomorrow. This is ok whilst mum is still here but not once she has gone home so something will have to be worked out then.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Glad you had no damage Sue and the school run was not difficult.
Oh dear so did the children stay as well ?

Sue I think you might have to be busy sometimes.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 11:25 AM
Morning all
Oh gosh Brenda, absolutely no suggestion here for a magazine, like the others, I don't read them.
Lynn, sorry to hear you had a bit of damage
Sue, so Ben hadn't asked you in advance to take him to the station?? I would have said that I was sorry, I had a pre arranged appointment and he would need to sort himself out. I don't want to speak out of turn here but....I feel he puts on you a bit too much, yes, you are his mum and will help out but.......you are entitled to a lift too, like Lynn says, I feel you need to he busy sometimes or just plain NO
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 11:38 AM
Well I don't read magazines either but as they are free I just choose one and pass it onto my friend Margaret who then passes it to someone else. I think they are so expensive to buy so getting them free is a bonus.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 12:38 PM
Right Good afternoon all

Brenda I am also not a magazine reader any longer I used to read a couple but don't seem to now but as I popped into Sainsburys this morning I had a look in the aisle for a little inspiration and I think one I may choose would be "Gardeners World" or maybe "Modern Gardens"def I think a gardening one.

Lynn What about a trip over to Madrid? to see you lad? and or sightsee. How are you doing now a week in?

Sue Maybe his solution is they all come and stay with you when he has to travel to London. Or you go over there and stay with the girls get them to school etc while Barry drives him to and from the station in the mornings.
You are going to be run ragged doing school runs Ben runs and the after school activities.

Griff So did your Mom adore her heated throw then? My Dad used to have one as his mobility got less his feet legs got cold quicker.

Chris Hope all is well with Gary, not long now till your operation is it? and this morning met a couple witha yorkie cross called Ted. Checked and they were not you. LOL

I am doing nothing been out for brunch this morning and now home was going in the garden but still rain and wind at the drop of a hat so staying in. Been to Asda this morning for a bit of a bulk cleaning/toiletries/bleach etc stock up. And the farm shop for my bread. Then home via Sainsburys where I tpped up with petrol and picked up some granny smith apples as well as checking the magazine situation.

Nothing else doing, have to build a kitchen up and dismantle the old one bit of a change in the kitchen layout but will do that after the cutting back in the garden and take the lot the skip at the same time.

Edited to say Now looks like Storm Jocelyn coming in fast from tomorrow is it me or have we always had this many storms? and I have just missed the news.

Have a good afternoon all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2024, 05:55 PM
Evening everyone.
Gorden finished the tiles on the cabin roof. Let's hope they stay put when the next storm arrives.
I had a new air fryer delivered yesterday and today we decided to set it up and use it alongside the older one.
Always handy if you need to use for bigger batches having two. It wouldn't work so I had to return it through Amazon, could I get the QR code to work at the parcel shop no I couldn't, but a lovely lady helped us out, all on its way back now.
Also posted the beautiful Swiss style lead for Brewster which got left behind when he behaves on the lead I hope it gets used for him.
Now home with a new air fryer luckily the £200 Ninja which had a bread proofer function was out of stock so we popped into Argos.
Totally different make all the same functions minus the proofer, I have a bread maker and an airing cupboard so that won't be missed plus it was £110 less and we make a £29 profit when the money for the faulty one is returned.

Kazz we hope to pop over to Madrid we will have to be back by May if we decide to go in the next month or two as the temperature is too much from May onwards or wait till October.
Also we have to see what Michael and Maca are up to work wise and they pop off here there and everywhere for weekends now they have their own car.
It's hard even a week in, and you forget the mayhem that was going on before he left between him and Gorden.
I miss him being around but in time I hope it will be easier.
It's the guilt wondering did we really try hard enough should we have tried something else ?
The disloyalty I feel having to have returned him all plays on my mind.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 07:42 PM
Lynn you both def tried hard enough there was nothing else to try the situation had become unworkable for all three of you.

And you did the best for him and for you both.

Wash your mouth out "disloyal" my foot.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2024, 11:02 PM
Good evening all

Gary is doing fine now. Still has a few bruises but they should fade over the next week or so. His heating has now gone down and he isn't impressed at having to wait for a plumber.

I don't do magazines either, but did used to like Peoples' Friend for the stories that were always in there. Don't even know if that one is still going

Lynn, you tried your best and sometimes it just doesn't work out. He may be as different again in a new home so get rid of the guilt because no one can do more than their best x