Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 07:05 AM

Sunday 21st January 2024

Morning all. I woke early so thought I would put fingers on keyboard and just say that. I have decided that as the hospital say the next of kin is my brother in law Ian then he can sort it all out. I will write to him and his wife to that effect as I have had enough of being told I am not. Grump over. Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 10:30 AM
Brenda, has your husband stated that his brother is next of kin? Is it to that effect at the GP surgery? If not then legally you are still next of kin. Same as if my dad goes in now, although mum doesn't really talk to him, unless otherwise stated by him, she is his next of kin..... when mum goes in she used to put both dad and I down but she knew it would be me who made decisions and spoke up for her. Perhaps it would be for the best just to leave them all to it, they don't sound like pleasant people....that doesn't change the will situation though, legally you are still married, no will means you would be entitled to inherit.
Seems a nice day here, following the wind overnight, not got anything planned today, walk the dogs and that will probably be it for me!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 10:54 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kelly

I tend to agree with Kelly leave things alone and keep quiet it will work itself out in the end so why worry as long as ou are prepared if called upon

Have a good day Kelly and take it easy

Dull and damp here and looking like it might rain anytime soon. Teazle walked and have made some apple crumbles. Diner now in the oven but other than than not planning on doing much else today.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 12:22 PM
The problem is that his brothers brain doesn't always work properly because of health problems. Anyway I have now got my head around it. Next of kin is for health problems not other problems? Have a good afternoon peeps. I'm watching Downton abbey so funny.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 03:19 PM
I believe so Brenda, I don't think it matters who your next of kin is, if you have possessions and wish for them to be given to someone, if it is written in a will and witnessed, it's legal, no will and it's wife even if you have been separated 50 years or next blood relative, so if you weren't here, your daughter's would inherit. I am pretty sure that's right as Steve should have inherited his biological father's car, money and jewellery.....but he didn't and he didn't bother querying it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2024, 06:39 PM
Good evening everyone.
We have been with Freya today for two Sundays last week and this week swapped for a Monday so tomorrow we are off duty, till next Monday and we have a Friday also.
We were late home this evening as Lauren is running two stores at the moment and there was an incident in one so she had to leave and go to the other store, she did say if we couldn't stay she would come home pick Freya up and take her with her,
Of course we said we would stay a horrible night out Freya fell asleep at 4 so no way would we not say yes and stay till Lauren had sorted the problem out.

brenda it all sounds very complicated and I do not do complicated now I am a lot older.
You have to do what is best for you.
I hope your day went according to plan Sue.
griff I hope you enjoyed the dog walk.
Chris I hope everything is well with you.
Kazz hoping you have had a nice day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 06:47 PM
Lynn, don't blame you offering to stay on..... it's absolutely dire out! The wind is soooo high here, I am glad I took the dogs out earlier as I would have been blown away!!
I have an. Appointment with the nurse on Tuesday, I am going to blag a blood test out of her, I am covered in bruises all down my right hand side, all the way from shoulder to bum, I can only assume it was when I lay on my side to replace the tap last week but as I have been started on some new medication, I need to check it isn't macrocytic anaemia, I am being very good at taking my folic acid
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2024, 07:02 PM
We couldn't agree with Freya being taken out on a dark night Lauren has to park then walk to the shop.
We have nothing to be home for.
Good move getting the blood test these things need looking into, hopefully as you say it was the laying on your side doing the tap.
Good you are being good about taking the folic acid.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 07:03 PM
Good evening everyone

Been involved in Birthdays today Jack and Sophie's 30TH so ballons and banners were left here with assortment of flowers (Sophies) and of course the obligatory Colin the caterpillar cake for Sophie she loves it. Jask loves ising and his birthday is the only time he has it now trying to keep his sugar intake down.

Sophie went for breakfast with her siste Kate and while out I had to transport balllons etc to her house for her partner to put up after breakfast she went home and was totally surprised given the video footage I have.

Then she went out to choose a new "top" I think with some birthday money and out tonight (of all nights) to a resturant with Andy.

Jack did his normal he has to have his routine up feed the ducks at waterpark morrisons becasue he just does and then then home while they were out I got in placed balloons and banners etc up for him. He would not of gone out If he had seen them when he got up but then the day would of been very stressful for him and my sister and brother in law as his routine would of been broken (big no no) so I am basically Balloon and banner woman.

Everyone has had a lovely day and it does not seem 30 years since I first met them. LOL And glad this wind was not in acttion trying to transport my balloons
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2024, 07:34 PM
You would have been like Mary Poppins Kazz.
Glad all went well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >