Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2024, 07:46 AM

Saturday 20th January 2024

Morning all. I am not going to say much about my situation except to say I went to see my husband in hospital and when I got back to my flat I needed more than a pint of something. Sadly I only had cider in the fridge so that had to do. Chris I do hope things settle for you. Lynn the same goes for you to. Kelly pleased to hear you have an appointment booked now. Sue have a good day. Kazz likewise you to. Have a good day all. I am going to switch off the phones and the pc. Just going to immerse myself in a book or tele. Before I go, just looked out the window and there is a beautiful pink sky.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2024, 04:06 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, sorry you didn't have a good visit.
My dad decided to go and buy window cleaner...god knows why as I have tonnes of the bloody stuff, anyway, I suspected he wanted to clean the bathroom window, obviously a damp environment so it gets mouldy on the seals so I clean the windows with astonish mould and mildew, popped out and came back and started on the window. He went "oh, that's what I got that for" I just looked and went you have to use mould killer! He is so bloody lazy, if he had finished the bathroom then the windows would have been replaced....I wonder how long the window cleaner would have sat there for???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2024, 05:32 PM
Evening brenda, griff and anyone who follows.
We went to Peterborough today and looked around the cathedral and did the museum as they had an exhibition there and they also danced for around 1/2 hour.
We had a Mcdonalds for breakfast and had tea out.
We needed to keep ourselves occupied especially today 1 week since Brewster went to his new home.

brenda I am sorry your visit was so upsetting.
griff men rarely buy the right product for a job.
Sue I hope you are having a nice day.
Chris I hope everything is well with you, Dave and Gary.
Kazz I hope you are enjoying your Saturday.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2024, 06:12 PM
Good evening everyone

Sorry your visit wasn't good Brenda

At least you dad was going to have a go more than Barry would do as that is my job

Pleased you enjoyed your day out Lynn

Been busy not doing a lot today. Have just got back from rescuing neighbour and his dog.. He went to go for his daily walk and his car would not start, dead battery, so put that on charge and took his wife's. But when he went to come home it wouldn't start as key fob battery dead so his wife and I drove down with the spare. Whilst he was waiting for us a nice gentleman tried to help and then went home to make him a flask of coffee. He arrived back at the same time as us. Some people are so nice.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2024, 06:38 PM
Lovely to have good neighbours like yourself Sue and the other neighbour who helped.
Sometimes it's nice to have our faith restored in humanity.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2024, 07:21 PM
Awwww Sue, that's really nice, both of you and the man making a flask of coffee. My neighbour came round today just to say there would be a van on the drive...I said no bother, the other side of me kicked off last time so I messaged her just to say he had been and that he had let us know there would be a van, I got back " yes he did, thanks"....no idea what that's about. She gets very jealous of anyone having work done and is being a bit funny with me since I said I am now getting treated by my original consultant in Oxford....she can be very very odd
Lynn, I have never been to Peterborough....I haven't been to most places to be precise lol, sounds like you had a nice day.
I think my dad would have just bought the stuff and left it until someone else bothered
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2024, 07:00 AM
Just to say the visit perse with hubby was ok, he knew who I was and was very chatty, quite lucid and normal in fact, it was the nursing staff, or whatever they were, never know a nurse from a staff nurse, they all look the same, were very unhelpful in helping me with a query. Not happy with NHS at all.