Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 07:14 AM

Friday 19th January 2024

Morning all. Oh Chris I feel for you knocks my problem into a cocked hat. Hope everyone else had a good evening. Now then this will make you laugh: I listened to the news early this morning and apparently pubs etc are going to serve wine in smaller glasses to hopefully stop people being legless. But they are still going to sell you a bottle of wine or bottles of beer etc. They also said this would happen at home. Um well if I have a bottle of wine we drink it. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 11:00 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day

Chris I hope Gary will be ok. Hugs to you

Another cold day. Teazle walked and a couple of cupboards cleaned. Have been called upon to take Maria and Sarah to their drama club tonight. Back on duty again from Monday, both morning and afternoon on Mondays and Tuesday but hopefully only afternoons the rest of the week

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon all

Chris That cannot be right charging you for the fact Gary uses sign as his first/main method of communication. Hope you have had a reasonably decent nights sleep and all is settling, sending you Hugs.

Brenda What gets you is there has to be someone some where paid to think of these stupid ideas.

Griff Glad getting the money back was easy.

Sue Has your daughter in law returned to Brazil now then as you are called on for driving to drama? Hoep the roads are alright for you.

Lynn Nothing much to say bar "HUGS"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Evening.
We went out for the day, to a garden centre near Norwich not been there before and we had a wander and lunch and stopped for a few essential items in Tesco on the way home.
We have to find something to do tomorrow too as it is already a week tomorrow that Brewster went back to Nottingham with Elaine and Andy.

Chris sending hugs and sincerely hoping things are better today. A disgrace that they want to charge you for a person that signs.
brenda I heard that on the news this morning too what a silly idea you just fill the glass more often surely.
Sue I hope you enjoyed the rest while it lasted.
Thank you Kazz hugs gratefully received. I hope you had a nice day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 05:16 PM
Afternoon all
Chris, yes I believe disability discrimination.....is there a deaf charity you can contact? Much better now they are teaching sign language in schools. Poor you Dave and Gary I hope he doesn't have too many lasting problems from this second bleed
Brenda, did you know, they have actually said you can buy a pint of wine or champagne since we have left the EU, we are able to implement our own measures laws now....honest, Google it! How chavvy, buying champagne by the pint lol
Sue, you really are a great mum and a top Nan
Kazz, bit better day here today.
Got a haircut and went on my NHS app and my appointment has been booked
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 06:27 PM
Well he's home.

In my view they should have kept him another night at least as he isn't well. He won't come and stay here so I'm messaging him every 2-3 hours to make sure he's OK.

So the snow has stopped and cleared, buggarlugs is now home and resting, Dave is still moaning about anything and everything so we are almost back to as near normal as we ever are.

I really don't get the thinking nowadays though. The carers in the building obviously went up to the flat with the ambulance men. Sent him off without shoes, socks or a coat. To top it off they locked his key and keyfob in the flat. It's a good job I have a set too or he'd never have got in
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Oh goodness Chris this isn't right at all.

I hope you all get a peaceful night.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2024, 09:21 PM
Good God Chris how disorganised can they be. Surely the clue is in the word "carer" not who cares.

Lynn have you heard how the boy is getting on?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2024, 10:01 PM
No more news Kazz.
Can't remember if I mentioned Elaine said he is settling well, but her friend struggles to walk him, he walks better for Elaine though.
Other than that no more updates.

I would love to hear that he is doing well but am just about managing not to pester for news.